2005 Chevrolet Colorado exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado:

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Jan 042010

I own a 2005 Chevy Colorado. It has only 86,000 miles and the head and intake valves and cylinders need to be replaced. I did some research and many people are complaining of the same thing from 2004-2005 models. The total cost for me to fix this is 1,600. GM knows they messed up with the 2004-2005 inlive 5 engines, that why in 2006 they had different intake valves installed. My dealer said that GM told them to fix the valves and seals and springs, but that is not helping the status. So then they were told to replace the head which cost around $800. Could some one please help me with this" I don't see how a company can noticed they did something wrong but not help to fix the problem. I have also heard several stories that the intake manifold cracks on some trucks, who has ever heard of that" I asked 2 people who have worked on cars for over 30 years, they have never heard of that happening. Please advise...........

- Ogdensburg, WI, USA