2005 Chevrolet Colorado wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado:

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Aug 032006

Colorado 4WD 5-cyl

I have owned my 2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4 door 4X4 since Nov. 2004 I have had tires that puckered, 3 radios installed, blower motor switch replaced 1 time and is now out again, a leak in the fire wall that has been in 2 times to be fixed and still leaks in hard rains, a defective brake light switch. And the worst gas mileage of any vehicle I have owned in the past 30 years. My 71 Monte Carlo with a 400 big block and 3:73 rear end gears got better gas mileage. Chevrolet said to wait till it had about 10,000 miles well it has 52,000 and still can't get past 16.5 mpg. And only 11 if towing anything. The radio has been fixed and the brake switch replaced I still have leaking fire wall and very poor gas mileage. I drive a nice straight shot 71 miles one way with only 2 stop signs between start and finish of my drive each day for a total of 140 miles of pure open interstate driving in a rural area! shame on you Chevrolet!

- Nevada, IA, USA

Mar 012005

Colorado 5-cyl

The vehicle was taken to two different Chevrolet dealers. It had a rough idle. The consumer felt that it was due to defective tires. They were not willing to replace the tires. Consumer stated there were bubbles on the tires on the sidewall. Ameritech TR general tires. This started a month or two after purchase, but the tires were getting worse with more use. The Chevrolet dealership stated that it was the suspension, but they were not fixing the problem although it was under warranty.

- Anaheim, CA, USA