2006 Chevrolet Colorado accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Colorado:

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Jul 292011

Colorado 5-cyl

Blower motor on my 2006 Chevrolet Colorado quit working except for the high position. Leaving the fan in the high position too long will cause the fan to quit working and then there is no A/C, heater or defogger that will work when needed. I took it to the dealer who told me that he knows what the problem may be, a relay or the wiring harness. At a cost of $328. He told me off the record if I wiggle the wiring harness it may work for a while since the harness most likely was incorrectly routed.. I have talked to many Colorado and GMC canyon owners both in person and on internet forums who reported that they are having the same exact problem. This issue could be a safety issue especially in the winter time when the defogger is really needed to keep the windows clear for safe driving. I initially thought that it was just a simple burned out motor, and I would just need to replace it. But since what I was told from the dealer service writer, and what others have said in the forums, I would be wasting money especially is it is from a bad wiring harness. I think GM should look into this and make needed repairs.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jan 102010

Heat and A/C fan would only work on high speed.

- Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA