2.3

2006 Chevrolet Colorado steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Colorado:

2006 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Oct 212014

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact stated that while driving at 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the steering wheel seized. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage 137,000.

- Kaplan, LA, USA

Jun 172014

Colorado 4-cyl

The ignition system fail and don't let the car start even we the original key and don't let start the auto for 10 minutes and so on and this is happening to every Colorado owner that I now.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 172014

Colorado 5-cyl

My vehicle suddenly stopped and I almost crashed! steering went out and the front end began to rise! since it was dark I was able to safely park my truck. So, the next morning I was able to observe that the tie-rods had snapped off. My truck has aprox. 80K with no heavy/ harsh driving. What is going on with Chevy vehicles"??" recall, after recall......

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 272013

Colorado

This piece of junk truck has frequent problems with the ABS, with the entire vehicle squealing every time you turn or brake, and today was the final straw. Today while pulling out of a parking lot, going maybe 5 miles an hour, my 2006 Chevy Colorado with around 75000 miles had trouble while braking and made a horrible grating noise and sensation. The ABS fault sensor immediately kicked on and I had trouble getting to a safe place to completely stop. Today's weather was dry, the pavement was dry, I have a 4X4 truck. There is no reason this piece of crap truck should not be able to handle dry pavement. This vehicle will likely cause me to get in a serious accident and I intend on getting rid of this death trap and never ever buying GMC vehicles again. I'll stick to foreign carmakers who fix their problems instead of ignoring the thousands of people that are having the same problems as I am with the same useless stupid truck. You won't be able to reach me by phone as I'm living overseas. Please email me.

- Apo, AE, USA

May 012013

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet cobalt. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph and experienced a complete loss of power steering assist without warning. In addition, a clicking noise emitted inside of the vehicle. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road and force was applied to the steering wheel. The contact was able to regain power steering after restarting the engine numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the power steering motor was replaced. The manufacturer was notified and they informed the contact that the vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 10V073000 (steering) however, the failure recurred. The approximate failure mileage was 123,546.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Oct 312010

Colorado 4WD 4-cyl

1. at all temperatures the vehicle has "hard spots" while turning at low speed. 2. it occurs intermittently. 3. it has not been addressed at this time, because the mechanics can't isolate the exact problem, and I do not have the capital to swap parts until the problem is resolved.

- Munising, MI, USA

Nov 152010

Colorado

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Colorado. While driving approximately 45 mph, the powering steering stopped working while turning on a curvy road. The contact pulled the vehicle to the side of the road, turned the ignition off for a few minutes and turned it back on and the power steering functioned properly again. The failure occurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated the power steering box and the sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 48,900.

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Oct 042009

Colorado

Had to replace tie rod ends on my 2006 Chevy Colorado pickup truck. The tie rods were worn out after 51000 miles. Truck would steer poorly. Not used off road or heavy use, normal driving! don't have old parts.

- Effingham, SC, USA

Apr 192009

Colorado

Loss of power steering when at low engine rpms or idle pulling into or out of parking spaces.

- Maineville, OH, USA