2. wait forever and it will forget it has a problem (1 reports)
2007 Chevrolet Colorado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Colorado:

2007 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Colorado LX 3.2L V6

I bought this truck from a used car. lot ever since I got it I have had the problem. and when I called the dealership they said couldIn't do anything for us. so I went to Chevy dealership and its not covered under warranty and they said it would cost over $400.00 dollars. It will not start then wait 10 minutes and it starts again. now it will shout down the whole truck while driving it and I'm sick of it. and I want to give it back unless you all can tell me what do do or if there's a recall on the egnition switches.I don't see why I have to pay $17000.00 for a truck that doesn't start all the time. I would appreciate if you could get ahold of me or wife and let me know what to do and see if theres a recall on them. My name is Ron wife is Candy my phone number is 254-773-3620 Thank You

- , Temple, TX, USA

Jan 172011

Colorado LS 2.9L

This intermittent failure to start (though it turns over) is bitchy; there were no computer codes showing the malfunction. The GM computer showed a history of a body code. At first, it appeared to be a fuel pump problem. That cost $800. but problem continued. The Chev shop thinks it's the anti theft on the ignition switch. They

have to keep the truck until the problem occurs for them. This is after one tow and 2 cabs. You would think Chev would have fixed their anti theft devices after their sorry history with other models. I don't know how long it will take for the Chev dealer to have the problem with starting.

Update from Jan 28, 2011: The Chev dealers' GM service computer was used to clear all the history of the (body/engine) codes from the memory in the Colorado. Next time the Colorado doesn't start the newly entered code picked up by the GM computer will point to the problem. Most likely it is a faulty anti-theft ignition switch. This part is cheap by comparison to other Chev/GM models, quoted at $124. I should have gone directly to the Chev dealer rather than waste time and $800 on a mechanics guess, who didn't have the GM computer to work with, that it was a fuel pump.

Update from Jun 16, 2011: after talking with other Chev Colorado owners, I discovered that the anti theft device has a computer delay on the ignition. It times out the ignition and after a while it will work again. There was still a problem after the codes were cleared, but the time outs were much shorter and eventually went away entirely. Other Colorado owners had the same problem with changing the battery or letting the truck sit for a while. Each time they eventually got it started and went to the dealer to get the engine codes cleared. There weren't any warnings in the manual. The Chev dealer only gave me hints at what the problem was. Meh! what in the friggin hell is going on with that. Spend thousands of dollars and then some tricky ignition time out with not one note about it. Is this Chev's way of making money, getting you to go to the dealer? COME ON!!!

Update from May 12, 2012: It is the anti theft on the ignition. The anti theft times out if you wait long enough. An expensive fix. The small two screws that attach the ignition cost $24. The ignition is expensive as well. Also the fan speed switch failed. Eventually, once you have waited for years, the anti theft on the ignition corrects itself...like oh well I guess we will let you start it OK now, but every so often it gets bitchy and it's "not now dear, I have a headache". What nerd thought up this device, probably invents malware in his spare time.

- , Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada