CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chevy Colorado is mechanically identical to the GMC Canyon.

4.5

2012 Chevrolet Colorado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Colorado:

2012 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Aug 152013

Colorado 5-cyl

At first, truck showed tps alarm, then stability alarm, next it had the headlights cut out on the highway at night @ 70 mph for 15-30 seconds. It has shown these problems separately and simultaneously at different times. Finally it manifested a new symptom I would intermittently not crank the engine over even though the battery was at full charge. After repeated trips to the dealer(they said they could not reproduce the problem) with no effect or improvement, a call to Chevrolet netted a case number #71-1257538002. As a result of this call( I feel) work was restarted on the vehicle. As of today 12/26/13 the Chevrolet dealer has now changed the ignition switch. We shall see. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Carriere, MS, USA

Oct 012013

Colorado 4-cyl

I have a 12 month old Chevy Colorado, bought new. For 9 months, no issues. Then in October, it simply won't start. Dead battery. I drove it regularly to and from work each day, so it's not from non-use. I took it to service and they said it was a bad battery. They replaced it. About a month later, same thing. Dead battery and car won't start, but lights work, radio works. I take it in again, and they can't find a reason. They keep it a week (static) and say there is nothing wrong. But it works when I leave the service department. Three weeks later, same thing. Car won't start and I'm tired of getting stranded. And I drive it regularly. They take it to another dealers service and they run tests but can't find anything wrong. They call Chevy who gives them direction, but Chevy doesn't let on that there's a problem. But I go online and find many issues with the same vehicle. Since this is the 3rd attempt to fix it, I'm going to pursue the lemon law.

- Maitland, FL, USA