5.6

2016 Chevrolet Colorado accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado:

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Feb 242016

Colorado

On Wednesday February 24th I was driving home (North on I-75 in Michigan) from work, the truck had 2-3 inches of snow on top of the truck and truck cap because it cannot be reached due to the height of the vehicle. Traffic was moving at ~ 10 miles per hour due to road conditions and my wipers were on (medium speed if I recall correctly), traffic stopped suddenly and all of the snow from the top of the truck immediately slid forward and covered the windshield. At this point the wipers were essentially buried/ jammed due to the amount of snow and the windshield was completely covered while I was on the expressway. Had the conditions been slightly better I could have been doing well over 10 miles an hour and the result would have absolutely been a collision which could have involved many vehicles. In the past wipers would always continue to move back and forth in a situation like this until the windshield was eventually cleared, my wipers would not even attempt to move, fortunately due to the low speed I was able to get to the shoulder of the expressway to clear the snow. I am very concerned to drive in bad weather now due to the risk of a collision as well as the potential risk of being on the side of the expressway in bad conditions clearing the windshield. Please investigate as the winshield wiper motor should not be protected at the cost of the vehicle and its occupants!

- Burton, MI, USA