6.4

2016 Chevrolet Colorado electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado:

2016 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Jan 132017

Colorado

I started my Colorado to head home, the weather was clear and cool. The "driver information center" in the instrument cluster flashed that the airbag, anti-theft system, and the traction control system (tcs)/stabilitrak were inoperable. The airbag, tcs, and one other lights were illuminated. I turned the vehicle off. Waited a few seconds and turned it back on. The same thing happened again. I cleared the warning messages and started to drive to take it in and get it looked at by a certified Chevrolet mechanic. I left the parking lot and after entering the nearby street I noticed that the driver information center was not displaying any vehicle information (showing zeros or blanks for all diagnostic information including mileage, fuel, oil pressure, speed etc). Also, the needles for the speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, and engine coolant temperature gauge were lifeless and reading zeros. Only the odometer and "infotainment" system were working correctly. I estimated my speed to be above 30 mph at this point. I immediately pulled off the road, put the vehicle in park and turned it off. I waited a few minutes and scanned the wiring under the hood and steering wheel but could not identify any issues. When I started the vehicle again, all the issues were gone as if nothing happened. Seemed kinda like restarting a computer to clear software issues. Not sure what could've caused it. My vehicle is a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 with 27,000 miles on it. It was purchased October 2015. Probably either a software/electrical issue, gremlins, or a russian hacking attempt. Due to bribing the gremlins with socks to bother someone else's car, and the lack of any pictures appearing in the infotainment system featuring a shirtless russian dictator making impolite gestures while riding a bear...my uneducated guess is that it's a software issue.

- Spotsylvania, VA, USA

Oct 132016

Colorado

Engine revs high coming to a stop. Required both feet pressed hard on the bakes to emergency stop. Speed control quits working then service-stability control comes on, car starts to handle ackwardly, pulls to left then. Cut engine off and it resets, but the cruise control stops working and then that service stability control comes back on.if I don't put on the cruise control, I don't get that stability control message so far. Braking problem happens when comes to a stop. Cruise control happens at highway speeds but sometimes going 45 mph.

- Evans, GA, USA

Jun 182016

Colorado

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado. While the vehicle was at the dealer, the technician diagnosed that the wiring harness had fractured. As a result, there were various electrical failures, including illumination of the air bag and traction control warning indicators. The technician stated that the wiring harness needed to be shrink wrapped. The vehicle was repaired. While the vehicle was in park or while driving at various speeds, the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, but was unable to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that a technician would be sent out to inspect the vehicle. The failure mileage was 176.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA