2001 Chevrolet Corvette brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Corvette:

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Electronic brake control module (ebcm) controls failed on a 2001 Corvette with 37,000 miles. To correct this module, the GM dealer will charge $1250 for the replacement part and 2.5 hours labor or about $300 for a total of $1650.

- Muncie, IN, USA

Sep 102006

2001 Corvette. 2 years ago (1)engine check light always on (2)traction control warning lights on (3)ABS warning lights on (4)low fuel warning light goes on if under 1/2 tank and gauge drops to zero fuel (5)driver side headlight will not open up (6)lights do not work on heating, A/C directional flow these complaints from what I have read on blog sites from hundreds of other Corvette owners are very commonplace problem lies in the fact that when my warning lights are lit up I have no antilock brakes working on my car nor do I have traction control. This is extremely dangerous. Some time the lights work sometimes they go off well I am in motion. This can cause a dangerous situation if I am just hitting throttle and this occurs causing me to lose control and risking a collision. These are powerful cars even when driven in a safe manner. I own an automatic transmission and it does not take much throttle for the engine to gear down and accelerate. I stop at gen. Motors dealer frequently hoping for a campaign. To correct this problem. The same story always is that it is a defective computer board and that I am looking at approx $4000 dollars to repair. Reading blog site it is the same. Some would say that if one can afford a Corvette then this should not be an issue. I say it is a serious safety issue and should not have to pay out of pocket. Am only an employee at a daycare and saved for years to purchase this car. The other common complaint is the fuel gauge but understand that with computer board replaced this will eliminate problem. Pop up headlight cost to repair $300.

- Greely, CO, USA