2002 Chevrolet Corvette accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette:

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jun 082002

Corvette 8-cyl

Driver side power seat moves during moderate accerleration and braking. I attempted to get it corrected under Chevy techanical bulletin no. 02-08-50-002 dated 3/13/02 because I was unaware until a friend mentioned to me that he had to get his seat fixed on his vette under the same bulletin no. When I tried to get it fixed the dealership told me that my vehicle was not "covered" under that bulletin no. And that I would need to contact Chevrolet. My friend ownes the exact same car as I do, his can get fixed but mine can't" I have never owned a car that the seat moves under these conditions. What happens when the thing breaks one day if I have to break hard? I end up thru the window? I'm more curious why the dealer would not fix it? they admitted that my seat moves but said it does not move enough to warrant falling in the bulletin repair. How much does it need to move"

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA