6.0

2. replace the gas tank and sending unit (2 reports)
  3. replacing 6 & 7th sending unit (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Corvette electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette:

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jan 012008

Corvette CPE 350

Well I had said before that I was getting rid of this care. Well I kept it ! I have switched to Chevron with TechRon Gas, this has helped the situation but the sending units still act up when I get below 3/4 tank. If I park on an angle where the back of the car slopes down hill then it will operate so-so. If I park on a flat surface the gas gauge will register empty until I drive around for about 15 minutes. GM obviously doesn't know what to do to fix their problem. You would think my sending units and labor would be free for the rest of the life of this car,,,haha,,I'm sure that's all I will get from GM. Hey I think I will send the idiots an email ! AGAIN !

Mar 102007

Corvette CPE 350

Sending Unit # 5 has failed . Will Be taking it back in again!!!!!!!! For sending units 6 & 7??? GM is Dumb Dumb Dumb ! You would think with the technology they could come up with a fix! I guess not . Will be getting rid of this car soon and never buying another.

Corvette CPE 350

First they replaced the left side sending unit, then they replaced the right side sending unit, the next time i took it in they replaced both at the same time. Now at 55k they are telling me the gas tank has a GM bulletin on it and they are warping plus the sending unit has quit again ! I'm glad i have an extended warranty that is paying for all this.

Corvette CPE 350

This is the 4th time for the same problem. 5k , 15, 30k, and now they tell me there is a bulletin on the gas tank that says these tanks warp and start having sending unit problems. My car is in the shop again for a tank and sending unit. Hopefully they will not give me any trouble with the extended warranty on this obvious GM defective tank and sending units! They are going to replace the gas tank and sending unit.

Corvette CPE 350

This time they are replacing both sending units in hopes of correcting the problem.

Corvette CPE 350

Same thing ,, gas tank sending unit on the blink again and replaced sending unit again.