1. replaced all valve springs (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Corvette engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Corvette:

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jan 072015

Corvette Z06 5.7L Ls6 V8

Late in December, I had an O2 sensor failure. I fixed it immediately. Shortly after, car shuttered and sputtered til it shut off. I had it towed home.

Car had a Mass airflow sensor code and a misfire code. I replaced Mass airflow sensor and replaced all spark plugs and the car still ran like sh*t, so I immediately shut it off.

I had the car towed to English Racing and they found a broken valve spring. I paid them to replace all of the valve springs. After the car was repaired it had a p0420 code. The driver side catalytic converter failed due the fact it was an exhaust valve spring. Now I have to replace both of my catalytic converters. I bought the catalytic converters, they are not installed yet.

I am out a little over $2000.00 in repairs so far. All the issues are almost resolved. I will post updates soon. Just be wary of the 2002 Z06 valve spring failures, they seem to be common and, in my case, a costly repair. My ride has been down for 9 weeks.

- , Camas, WA, USA