2004 Chevrolet Corvette electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette:

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

May 132005

Corvette 8-cyl

1) I received a recall notice from Chevrolet recall information processing center on May 13, 2004. The recall is # 04006 - electronic column lock system. This recall was started on Feb. 9, 2004 according to your site. 2) I purchase the 2004 Chevrolet Corvette coup on September 9, 2004. I question Chevrolet's commitment to safety. Issueing a recall in Feb. Of 2004 and not bothering to repair the defect well the car was in their total control for 8 months, then selling me the car knowing full well the defect had not be fix, then waiting another 9 months to notify me. I contaced the dealer on May 16, 2005, to see if the car had the recall defect repaired. It had not. So Chevrolet has waited a total of 17 months. Not exactly a consumer advocate for safety to the driving public. 3)according to the dealer, this work can only be done during the week, not a weekend. So now, I have to miss a day of work for a problem that should have been taken care of before I even purchased the car. Now I know why Chevrolet always sends out a satifsfaction questionaire 30 days after purchase, because they know most of their vehicles should last that long. I'm sure I will not get one after a year has pasted.

- Aurora, CO, USA