2.1

2005 Chevrolet Corvette lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette:

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Mar 212014

Corvette 8-cyl

In my 2005 Chevy Corvette, driving North on highway I55 near the Louisiana/ Mississippi line at 10 pm my lowbeam headlights stopped working. Used hi beams to return home. When car sits for several hours and engine compartment cools off low beams work normally. When engine compartment heats up during normal operation lights extinguish again. Researched on the Corvette forum and found this to be a common problem. The issue is in the fuse box located in the engine compartment. A wire in the box breaks at a bend. I have made the suggested repair as per the forum but felt it important to report the problem as it put me in a dangerous situation.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Mar 192014

Low beam headlights quit intermittently...updated 09-29-15

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 152014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving home tonight (a 20 minute drive)the headlights turned off by themselves. We tried turning off the car and restarting and also checked the fuse, neither fixed the problem. This is a safety issue and we are not the only one with the problem hopefully this complaint will help in getting the problem fixed.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Jan 032014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving home from dinner, my low beam lights turned off with no warning. After pulling over and trying to remedy the problem to no avail. I ended up driving home with my high beams on. This problem happens more frequently and has put me and others at risk. Could please look into this problem.

- Glenn Heights, TX, USA

Feb 162014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving my vehicle at night, my headlights suddenly turned off. I pulled over and restarting the car hoping it was just a minor electrical short etc. However, the headlights did not respond. I was forced to drive 20 miles in the dark with my fog lamps and at times, my high beams. I am aware of an existing investigation relating to this problem and it appears that this problem is widespread. Clearly having your headlights turn off without warning when you need them poses a significant safety hazard to myself, any passengers and other motorists. I hope the investigation will continue resulting in a conclusive outcome and a resolution identified. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you.

- Simi Valley , CA, USA

Jan 142014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was driving my 2005 Corvette home at night and my low beam lights suddenly stopped working. There was nothing I could do, but use my bright lights, which was an obvious hazard to oncoming traffic. This is not the first time this has happened. The next day I started the car...my low-beams came on and seemed to work. I then drove my car and after only a few minutes the lights went off again. This intermittent problem has been consistently occurring. Due to the nature of the problem, I cannot believe there has not been a recall to date. This is an obvious safety issue that seems to be happening with many other 2005 Corvette owners.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Feb 032014

Corvette 8-cyl

After starting the vehicle an letting it run for a few mins the lights just went out for no reason do not know why or how.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 092014

Corvette 8-cyl

The low beam headlamps won't turn on after car is warm - and low beam headlamps turn off while driving at night.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jan 072014

Corvette 8-cyl

Both of the headlight turned off. I was going around a corner and ended up in a field. Luckily I was not injured and the car made it with only a few scratches.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Jan 092014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving on the fwy my lights went off checked the following evening and they worked. While driving again they suddenly went off again.

- Glendora , CA, USA

Jan 102014

Corvette 8-cyl

Low beam lights just quit working. Fuse/relay is good and is a intermittent problem. Seems to be a heat related issue very unsafe at night.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 132014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving in the pouring rain with my daughter following me in another car the headlights went out. We were on pa mountain roads and I did not know what happened. This was the most dangerous situation. We were 4 hrs from home, I thought the wipers were bad and my vision had failed and the state just didn't paint the lines on the rd. The situation was so bad I had to wait till we found the next exit ramp to pull over. I left the car running and noticed my headlights went off while I was paying for my food and gas. I had to drive home with my highbeams on!!! when we finally got home I was so shaken by the situation I looked it up online to find out this was not and isolated incident!!! recall this before someone is killed!!!

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Nov 052013

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving for about 30mins. I noticed the low beam shut off with out a notice or anything. I tried turning them back on but nothing worked. The next day I tested them out and they worked but they only stayed on for about 25mins. Than they shut back off.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 012013

Corvette 8-cyl

Driving at night, low beams suddenly shut off (both sides). Pulled over and tried toggling the light switch through variaous settings. Driving lights would turn on and off, but low beams would not. High beams worked, so drove home with hihg beams. Next night, low beams worked again but turned off after 10 minutes. Appears after car warms up, low beams switch off. Now can only drive at night using high beams or driving lights after low beams switch off.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Nov 062013

Corvette

Low beam lights went out wile I was driving and would not come back on in my 2005 Corvette although the dash indicator said that the lights were on. I was very lucky I just avoided an accident. I was able to pull off the hwy and into a safe area.I could not get the low beams to come on, I could only get the high beams to work. I looked on line only to find out many other Corvette owners had the same problem. This could have been much worse this problem is very dangerous and will lead to a terrible accident. The Chevrolet dealer was no help saying they did not know how to fix the problem.I went on line and found over 100 other Corvette owners with the same problems.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Oct 192013

Corvette

I started to have issues with my low beam headlights turning on in my 2005 C6 Corvette. The switch was turned to automatic and would not turn on. When the switch was turned to manual mode the low beam lights would still not turn on. The high beams and fog lamps work with regular success. When the car sits for long periods of time and the car is cool the low beam lights will turn on and stay on for a short period of time, but as soon as the car is brought up to operating temperature the low beam lights fail to work. I did some research and found out this is a major problem for 2005-2007 C6 Corvettes and the NHTSA along with Chevrolet should file an immediate recall before lives are lost. It's a easy fix with replacement of the fuse box in the engine compartment.

- Azusa, CA, USA

Oct 262013

Corvette

My Corvette headlights went out and would not come on until the Corvette cooled down.

- Redondo Beach , CA, USA

Oct 192013

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving at an estimated speed of 35 mph at approximately 9:00pm, my low beam headlights went out and I was unable to turn them on manually. I had to turn on my fog lights in order to see the road a head of me. The low beams would not come on weather not I set them for automatic or manually. I tried unsuccessfully trying to get the lights to come on and had I not immediately turned on my fog lights, I would have probably missed a turn in the road and could have swerved into on-coming traffic. The next morning I planned on taking the car to pep boys for them to check my fuses, but when I turned on the car, my low beams automatically came on. I then researched the internet and found that this has been reported to the NHTSA on at least 95 occasions and that the NHTSA has been working with Chevrolet to determine the problem, but has not issued a recall! I suggest that a recall be initiated immediately and not wait for any major accident or deaths to happen before issuing a recall for the fuse box that is to near the engine which overheats the low beams wires. This has been reported to the NHTSA since at least may and a full investigation in August 2013. I'm extremely disappointed that the NHTSA has not insisted that Chevrolet issue a full recall on fixing the fuse box that is overheating and causing the low beams on the 2005 - 2007 Chevrolet Corvettes. My next step will to include the media on the lack of a recall when this is a serious safety violation that need to be quickly resolved.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 202013

Corvette

The headlight low beams do not function under any circumstances.

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Aug 282013

Corvette

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that while exiting a parking space, the headlights failed without warning. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 71,000.

- La Mirada, CA, USA