2005 Chevrolet Corvette miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette:

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jun 052013

Vehicle will not shift out of park, intermittently, but consistently. Numerous fixes have been attempted, several dealerships notified, but they seem to think it is normal. Using "alternative methods" to shift from park to drive do not seem appropriate or safe.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jun 052015

This incident happened 4 or more times. However, this last time, I was traveling at 75 miles per hour on the I95. The traction control system light came on and then the car engine died on me as has happened on a number of other occasions. I was in the left lane on the highway. Lucky for me there were no vehicles behind or to the right of me so I was able to coast to a dead stop on the safe side of the road shoulder (right). The car normally would start again after this system failure. This time it did not and I had to have it towed to the nearest garage which was a Ford dealership. This could have been very serious had it not been for light traffic. I have had the vehicle service a number of times at GM dealerships for the engine light being on. The issue is still unresolved. I no longer have confidence in the vehicle as to its drivability and safety.

- Presque Isle, ME, USA

May 212015

Automatic gear shift broke, 2005 Corvette with 26,000 miles on it I've told it's a $700 dollar repair at my GM dealership. I've read its an unannounced defective part. Please advise.

- Chuluota , FL, USA

Mar 112013

Corvette 8-cyl

Unable to get the automatic tranny shifter out of park sometimes.

- Boston, MA, USA

Mar 042013

Corvette 8-cyl

Turn signal indicator began flashing rapidly to indicate the turn signal was not working properly. The front turn signal was not working. The turn signal bulb melted the internal socket so the internal harness system needs to be replaced. Chevrolet needs to issue a recall to change the specifications used for the turn signal light bulb so they do not melt and ruin the system.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 192011

Corvette 8-cyl

The vehicle came to sudden stop, steering locked, and the active handling light came on. The vehicle was shut off for a few seconds and then restarted. It was a scary situation.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Jul 072010

The failure of the clutch master cylinder (verified and repaired) after shifting into reverse, caused the car to accelerate rapidly backwards, and initially totally out of control. Collided first with a car behind and to the right, and then hurdled back along a busy small road in a shopping center. I was finally able to stop the car by using one foot on top of the other, pressing as hard as I could on the brake pedal. It was small miracle that I didn't hit anyone, given the time (7:00 pm) the weather (sunny and 70 deg) and the number of people moving about.

- Kirkland, WA, USA