2006 Chevrolet Corvette body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette:

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Feb 122010

Corvette 8-cyl

First the roof blew off.the communication message center gives mis information.the car has always made a grinding sound under hood at start up.problemsm activating eelectrical stability system.also after roof repair roof rattles and always sound loose.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Jul 122007

Corvette 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette coupe. The contact stated that the roof panel separated near the rear latch attachment. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 09V491000 (structure). The dealer informed the contact that the striker adjuster would need to be redesigned in order to install the new roof panel. The contact was displeased with the remedy because the new roof panel would not fit properly with the additional repairs required. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000. Updated 08/27/13 lj the consumer stated the narrative was wrong and he requested to have the complaint cancelled.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Oct 142010

While driving my 2006 Corvette with 15,000 miles it suddenly veered to the right pulling the car off the road. The "check stability control system" came on the in dash computer.

- Ocean City, MD, USA

Feb 112010

I own a 2006 Corvette C6 as described in Chevrolet's recall notice on "defective removable tops. I am experiencing the described problems with the removable top and my VIN number is in the range Chevrolet has defined. I have called Chevrolet and they stated I would have to pay the dealer to determine if I had the specified recall defect. If they determined it was not within the recall criteria I would be billed by the dealer for diagnostics. I do not believe that the consumer should have to pay to determine if an identified problem, in the VIN number range specified is dangerous or not. It is not dangerous to me but could definitely affect any vehicles behind me if the roof fails. This is a recognized problem but Chevy seems to say "let it fail, then we will handle it". my top creaks, started about 9 months ago and has recently developed a wind noise in the right passenger side. These are symptoms/precursors to failure as stated in the recall.

- Clover, SC, USA

May 212009

My roof delamintated on my 2006 Chevrolet Corvette while driving. I had taken it to the dealership and they will not honor the recall.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Dec 132008

Corvette 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. While driving 55 mph, the contact heard a loud thumping sound. He discovered that the entire roof panel had torn off of the vehicle. The manufacturer referred him to the dealer for further review. No repairs have been made and the vehicle currently has no roof. The failure and current mileages were 7,723. Updated 01/06/09. Updated 01/06/09.

- Washington , DC, USA

Jul 052008

My issue is an apparent design flaw with the power convertible top on my 2006 Corvette. During the normal operation of the top, the corner of the plastic side rails on each side of the each (driver's & passenger's side) contacts the inner liner of the convertible. This has caused a hole in my liner which, my local dealership refused to repair under the original manufacturers warranty. They stated that the reason they won't fix it is because GM hasn't issued a tsb (technical service bulletin) for this issue. I know of several other owners who are experiencing the same issue. Thank you in advance for assisting me.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA