2006 Chevrolet Corvette electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette:

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 122016

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. When the engine was started, a "service active handling" message appeared on the instrument panel. The error message was cleared by the contact. While driving at any speed, the brakes activated independently. The vehicle was pulled over. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 10V172000 (steering). The failure mileage was unknown.

- Roseburg, OR, USA

Dec 012015

Corvette

Auto shifter gets stuck in park. Shifter lock will not disengage when depressing the brake pedal.

- Choctaw, OK, USA

Jan 012014

Corvette

Car will not shift out of park. Many owners have the same problem. The shift lock solenoid fails and you cannot get car into gear.

- Fisherville, KY, USA

Sep 252015

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. While attempting to drive the vehicle at night, the contact became aware that the headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The evening of the recall repair, the headlights failed to illuminate. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 133,900.

- Warminster, PA, USA

Apr 142015

Corvette 8-cyl

Car would not shift out of park.

- Groves, TX, USA

Dec 032014

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 012014

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Aug 302014

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that when the vehicle reached normal operating temperatures, the low beam lights became inoperable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. However, the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting) but the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 119,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Corvette

Re: GM recall #13146 underhood bussed electrical center (ubec) housing will expand causing failure of low-beam headlights. I received recall notice in July 2014 but the problem has yet to be remedied. Called Chevrolet customer assistance center in early October, they advised that problem is "..being worked on.". 3+ months seems to be an excessive time to wait for a remedy.

- Neshanic Station, NJ, USA

Sep 122014

Corvette 8-cyl

My low beam lights stopped working. Got had driven to a location in daylight. 2 hours later (dark) I started the car and the low-beams didn't come on. I got home (on fog lamps) and inspects the fuse box. Thought the low beam relay was faulty so went in another vehicle to purchase one. Replacing the relay, the lights came back on. I thought the problem was fixed until the next day, the same thing happened. This is when I did some research and found my car is part of a GM recall; GM recall #: N130146 NHTSA recall #: 14V-251 date issued: May 28, 2014 this same symptom has happened every day since. I booked my car into lonestar Chevrolet, houston, to have this taken care of. The technician, manager and Chevrolet contact center all told me the same thing. "the parts to repair this aren't ready yet (4 months!!). you are perfectly safe to drive on high-beams." In my opinion, it is irresponsible to tell your customer that there is nothing that can be done and to drive illegally at night in the mean-time.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 212014

Corvette

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting). The dealer could not repair the vehicle for two months because the parts were not available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Andrews, NC, USA

Feb 122010

Corvette 8-cyl

First the roof blew off.the communication message center gives mis information.the car has always made a grinding sound under hood at start up.problemsm activating eelectrical stability system.also after roof repair roof rattles and always sound loose.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Jul 232014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was driving down the road and the headlights just quit. This time I had high beams but no low beams. The next time I drove the car I had no low or high beams. The last time I drove the car both lights worked as I started the car but stopped working within about 2 minutes.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Nov 012013

Corvette 8-cyl

My situation is unique, but it happens hundreds of times every. In Nov and Dec of 2013 and in Jan 2014 my low-beam headlights would go out periodically and I took my car to a Chevrolet dealership who could not determine the specific problem. And I was not told there had been hundreds of complaints about this same issue from other Corvette owners. Why do you think I was not told about hundreds of other complaints" did GM keep it a secret from all the dealers all over the world? when there are hundreds of complaints and problems on one single issue, is that not something that is passed to the dealerships as something to be aware of, to look for, as well as a clue as to how to find and fix the problem" the Chevrolet dealer in Jan they said they could fix the problem by replacing my electrical box at a cost of just over $1,000. I declined, that shotgun approach. They did not find the exact problem as per their invoice. Their shotgun fix would have never made its way to become a GM recall issue. I was told yesterday by the GM dealer they found some wires that was causing my problem. When there is a recall & a GM customer has that recall problem & it's a known potentially serious safety issue and the recall has been announced, it seems the prudent, the reasonable, the common sense, the most cost effective way to solve yet another problem with the recall is for GM to authorize a fix when the the customer is in the dealership with the specific recall problem as in my case yesterday. That is the most common sense safe and cost effective way to handle a situation like mine. I am very disappointed that GM would not authorize a fix right then (yesterday) it would have in the long run saved money for everyone and it would have been cost and safety effective, it's a common sense approach that the best minds at GM overlooked.

- Largo, FL, USA

Jun 122014

Corvette 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph with the headlights activated, the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The high beam headlights were engaged. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 14V251000 (electrical system, exterior lighting) however, the remedy part was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 126,500. !....updated 07/31/14

- Riverside , CA, USA

May 172014

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving the verhicle on I-55 the warning light on the dash blinked and the lights went out. I was on an elevated section of I-55 North of laplace, la. And there was no place to pull off. I turned the emergency flashers on and continue to drive off of the elevated portion of I-55 to the first exit and pulled into a service station. I turned the ignition off and let the car sit for about ten minutes and the lights worked, however the check engine light is on. Drove to my daughters house approx 15 miles and the lights went out again. The lights worked this morning. I went online and found out that there is a recall specifically for that problem but my car is not included. This is a very dangerous problem.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Apr 172014

Corvette

Car sticks in park. Will not go in gear.

- Hckory, NC, USA

Mar 042014

Corvette

Low beam headlights went out without notice and would not come on. Was driving at the time the went out. I made it home using high beams. Low beams came back on the next morning but after my testing the would go out after apx 15 minutes and would not come back on for hours.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Dec 022013

Corvette 8-cyl

Low beam headlights just turn off by themselves and would not turn back on.

- Yorba Linda , CA, USA

Jul 092013

Corvette 8-cyl

Active handling system appeared and my brakes felt different. The car idled differently too. Felt like it was missing a cylinder. I believe this is an ongoing problem and is dangerous.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA