2007 Chevrolet Corvette brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jun 102016

Corvette

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Corvette. While driving approximately 75 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to operate. As a result, the contact coasted into an intersection to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the air condition motor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 121,000.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Sep 042015

Rear parking lights

- Ponchatoula, LA, USA

Jan 092013

Corvette

The shift interlock fails has fail 3 times since I owned the car. The selonoide that tells the shifter that the brake is pressed locks up. (cant shift out of park) the driver cant put the car in any gear. GM fixed it by replacing the whole shifter and not upgrading the failed part. They just put another bad shifter in its place. I had one time where I could not put the car in park, this the engine would not shut off. I had to force the shifter forward almost to breaking point to shut the engine.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 132014

Corvette

While driving on the road at aprox. 45mph, my car exhaust valve dropped in the motor causing immediate engine failure also creating power steering and power brakes to stop working immediately. This same exhaust valve issues occurred with many other GM corvettes with the 7.0liter Z06 motor.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 162014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was driving my Corvette at approximately 40 mph. When coming out of a curve accelerated and the car pulled to the right. When applied brakes pressure it had no affect on steering and stopping the car. The car continued to go to the right in a circle until vehicle hit the guard rail. It appeared that it was in a limp mode the car had a mind of its own through acceleration the transmission and brake controls where in sync with each other and took over control of vehicle and wouldn't stop the car. I am fortunate that didn't occur on the highway with other vehicles around me, which could have created a catastrophic situation.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Sep 302014

Corvette

When making a slow left turn the front brakes on the car locked up. "service stability system" message can on. Car wouldn't go over 5-6 mph until system was turned off.

- Arcadia, MO, USA

Apr 102014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was pulling out of a gas station, all of sudden my front breaks locked up. This scares me what if I am on the highway.

- Dayton, TX, USA

Feb 132014

Corvette 8-cyl

My Corvette is experiencing brake/ stability control/ traction control issues. The first time I apply the brakes after starting the car they pedal vibrates, the brakes feel ineffective, and the car disables anti-lock brakes, active handling, and traction control. The lights reset after shutting the vehicle off and starting it again, only for all these systems to disable upon the first stop.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Jun 282013

Corvette 8-cyl

Service active handling appeared on my dic. The lights for the ABS were also lit. There was no traction control on my vehicle.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Mar 042013

Corvette 8-cyl

While turning into a gas station the vehicle front left brake locked and pulled the vehicle hard left hitting a curbed area. The active handling system error was displayed. I applied brakes, waited for a few seconds and was able to continue.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA