2007 Chevrolet Corvette miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jul 032016

I have a 2007 Corvette, I was at a railroad crossing waiting for the train to pass so I put my shifter into park. When the train passed I tried to take the shifter out of park and it would not move (it was stuck in park. Upon woring with it several minutes I did get it to move. This has happened several times since, so I called my GM garage and told me it is a common problem with 2005 - 2007 Corvettes. Luckly I only encountered a little embarrasment, one one got hurd (thank god). It has happened at my home, stores, to my wife and anytime. I am able to turn on my acc then shift to nutral and start the vet then shift into gear. I am taing to be repaired and been told by GM garage the entire shifter has to be replaced. Not cool on a car with less than 29,000 miles and never abused.

- Valley Springs, CA, USA

Apr 062016

Transmission shifter at times is stuck in park. Have to restart engine and press down on brakes several times to get it out of park. You can hear when the solenoid energizes and finally unlocks the shifter. Just started this year after 51,000 miles on car. Request research help

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Jan 092013

The shift interlock fails has fail 3 times since I owned the car. The selonoide that tells the shifter that the brake is pressed locks up. (cant shift out of park) the driver cant put the car in any gear. GM fixed it by replacing the whole shifter and not upgrading the failed part. They just put another bad shifter in its place. I had one time where I could not put the car in park, this the engine would not shut off. I had to force the shifter forward almost to breaking point to shut the engine.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 152013

The shift button will not depress and will not shift out of park. Intermitten issue. It can take upto 50 attempts before it will work. Dealer claims it isnt and issue if they cannot repeat the problem.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

May 032010

On several occasion when I have filled my car I have had gas run out inside the fender. I have also smelled gas on several occasions after filling

- Fort Worth, TX, USA