2008 Chevrolet Corvette miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette:

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Nov 182016

Corvette

After filling up my car with fuel, I parked it in the garage when I got home. The next day, my wife woke me up and told me that the garage was full of fuel vapors. Suspecting that it was coming from the Corvette, I looked around the vehicle but did not see any gas liquid on the garage floor. However because the smell was so strong, I took the car out of the garage and parked it in the driveway. The next day I checked and there was still strong gas smell around the vehicle. At that point I decided to take the car to the Chevrolet dealership to have them evaluate the problem. After leaving the car with them, they contacted me the next day and told me that the smell of gas was coming from a crack in the fuel tank. They also told me that the car was not safe to drive because the fuel tank is located in the rear of the vehicle above the exhaust pipes. I told the dealership to replace the fuel tank and any other item in the rear of the vehicle that needed repair. The fuel tank was replace at a cost of $3056.97. I also had them to replace the fuel pump since they had the tank removed and had access to the fuel pump. Fortunately I was able to use my 10% military discount or the cost would have been higher. After the car was repaired, I researched this issue on the internet and saw where other 2008 Corvette owners had this very same problem with their car. It is evident that there is a defect in these fuel tanks and Chevrolet should officially do a recall on the 2008 Corvettes and any other year model that has the potential to develop cracks in the fuel tanks. If there is no recall, someone could seriously be injured by the fuel tank problem. I hope by documenting this problem it will bring some type of positive resolution from Chevrolet/GM.

- Bossier City, LA, USA

Sep 012016

Corvette

Strong smell of gasoline on left side of car. No visible leak on the floor

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 242016

Corvette

Automatic shifter assembly intermittently gets stuck in park. The condition continues to deteriorate. The problem occurs when the car is in park. The problem is occurring more often now than in the past.

- Shawnee, KS, USA

Apr 012016

Corvette

The car has a very strong gasoline smell when the gas tank is full. The smell is so strong in the garage that I fear it may cause a fire.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Jan 292014

Corvette

Sideswiped and T-boned by tractor trailer, air bags did not deploy.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 312015

Corvette

I have visited the dealership twice and going on the third time and they have failed/refused to fix the problem. This is in regards to a emission system recall. GM set up an appointment, I showed up and they gave me the run around and said they could not work on the car. Called GM and complained and set up a second appointment and I showed up again and after two hours was told to come back on another day as they could not loosen the bolts. The car is in new shape and garaged. This is a dealership. What an excuse. GM has been of no help and the dealership has failed/refused to do the recall work. I have tried and lost two days trying and going on three. Please help. I visited the dealership on Oct 17 and 31st.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 132009

Corvette

Traction does not prevent wheel spin at any speed. The car will loose rear wheel traction at any speed. Engine speeds of 5,000 RPM and above cause tires to loose traction under moderate acceleration. Car is stock and still under warranty.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

May 022008

Corvette 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. When the vehicle was started and while driving at any speed, the contact noticed a strong chemical smell coming from the entire vehicle. The smell was first noticed when the vehicle was purchased and became stronger the more the vehicle was driven. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealer. The current and failure mileages were 482. Updated 06/09/08 updated 06/08/09

- Olathe, KS, USA