4.5

2009 Chevrolet Corvette drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette:

2009 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Mar 302015

Corvette 8-cyl

When getting ready to pull out of the garage the clutch went to the floor & would not come back up.

- Westminster, MD, USA

Oct 102014

Corvette

The engine had an exhaust valve failure causing the motor to lock up and requiring over $5000 in repairs. When this happened the car was forced to be stopped on the highway without power brakes or steering.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

May 112012

Corvette 8-cyl

While driving on I-275 I first experienced a muffled noise in the car that sounded like wind. The car was not holding the road as it usually does and the rear swayed a bit. Next, there was a sound like a thump. My dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with a warning that traction control was not working and that I should seek immediate repair. Next, the vehicle lost a lot of its power and decelerated rather suddenly form 70 to approx 45 mph. Car had no energy or pep and light said engine power loss. Fortunately nobody was behind me when the deceleration occurred. I exited the expressway and was just few miles from hotel and parked it. Had it towed the next day to a dealer in tampa. Do not yet know diagnosis on the car. Will probably hear tomorrow. But it was a real shock to have this happen so suddenly and the deceleration was sudden and if car had been behind me it could have been a problem.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA