3.7

2010 Chevrolet Corvette fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette:

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Sep 092016

Corvette

Strong odor / smell of fuel.. noticed after filling fuel tank and stationed vehicle in enclosed garage..

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Corvette

Strong fuel smell coming from fuel cap area, caused by small fuel pump leak. Fumes could cause a fire.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Corvette

When the fuel tank is more than 50% full there is a strong persistent odor of fuel that fills my parking garage and can also be smelled in the car while driving. When the fuel tank is below 50% full the odor is less noticeable and virtually disappears as the fuel tank empties. There are no visible fuel leaks and there is no lack of performance from the engine. It appears that fuel vapors are leaking from the tank without leaking to the ground. The fuel cap is in good condition and properly secured.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jan 012016

Corvette

Fuel smell, leaking pump on top of fuel tank. Fire hazard. Fills garage with fuel smell that's extremely strong. Vehicle could catch fire while driving spilling on hot exhaust. Could cause house fire.

- Coto De Caza, CA, USA

Feb 012016

Fuel smell inside car

- Hanford, CA, USA

Jan 182016

Corvette

Severe gasoline fuel smell from leaking fuel tank pump. Odor permeates garage, house and inside of car.

- Adkins, TX, USA

Dec 052015

Corvette

Strong fuel smell when tank is over 1/2 full. Fuel leak on driver side. Strong odor of gasoline by driver side rear wheel well

- Miramar, FL, USA

Nov 202015

Corvette

A strong smell of fuel in the cockpit. While there is no visible puddle of fuel on my garage floor, the fuel odor is very strong and I am obliged to keep my garage door open or the fuel smell enters into the house. I took it to the service dept of where I purchased the vehicle (carmax) and was informed today that the leak is on the top of the left fuel tank and that to access it, it would be necessary to remove the transmission. I was also informed that since the job was a "big one" carmax would make arrangements to have my car brought to a Chevrolet dealership. I was also told that my car max service warranty might not cover the repairs done outside their shop. I am bringing this to your attention in hopes that due to the fire danger involved with leaking fuel General Motors will issue a safety recall on the problem. The fuel smell is amplified when there is 3/4 of a tank or more. The fuel smell is particularly strong when the vehicle is in the garage. The fuel smell diminishes if the vehicle is parked outside in the open air.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 072015

Corvette

I have a 2010 Corvette grand sport with 46000 miles that has strong gas fumes coming from the drivers side by the gas tank while parked in the garage. Even after sitting for 2 days the gas smell didn't go away. I took the car into Chevrolet and they replaced the gas tank and the fuel pump on the drivers side because it was leaking. The repair cost $2900. I asked the service rep at Chevrolet if the new gas tank design flaw had been fixed and he replied that he didn't know. I also had a 2006 Corvette with the same problem so I have to assume it hasn't been fixed. Chevrolet hasn't fixed the problem and I'm afraid it will keep happening and my house or car will catch fire and someone may get hurt. There needs to be a recall and we should get reimbursed.

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Dec 152014

Corvette 8-cyl

Smell of gas in cabin after fill up.

- Hyde Park, NY, USA