8.4

2015 Chevrolet Corvette engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette:

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Feb 012016

Corvette

Just as you accelerate, around 1200 to 1500 RPM, with a light touch, you hear want is being described as a "warble" sound. It has a metallic ring and lasts a few seconds. Loading the engine on a hill makes the sound more intense. It is happening to a stock 2015 stingray coupe. Thought this was only happening to me because others do no have this issue but found a group of Corvette owners on the Corvette forum with the same issue.

- Silverdale, WA, USA

Jan 022016

Corvette

Car was being filed with gas at station, I was 25 ft away with my keys and the engine started by itself. No one in car, not near car, keys in my jacket pocket. Car was not in motion and engine was off while pumping gas.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 162013

Corvette

At any speed the car jerks like one or more spark plug wires are not firing(pulled off) in all modes, it is worse in (E economy mode) push the gas down it gets worse in all modes. I replaced the plugs and wires I still have this problem, I was hoping it was a bad plug or wire, that happens. I took it to the dealer when the check engine light came on I pulled the fuse for the exhaust valves to keep them open they checked then tested the car and told me it was fine no other codes were found. I have 1800 miles on the car now I tried every 93 octane fuel available in this area and other areas, hoping it was just bad fuel that many stations can't have bad fuel for it to be fuel related.

- Shavertown , PA, USA