CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

2.5

2011 Chevrolet Cruze accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 272016

Cruze

As I was driving on the highway, it was raining very hard and I had my wipers on the highest speed. Suddenly the driver side wiper stayed in the vertical position and would not move. I completely lost visibility on the driver side and had to lean over to the passenger side as this wiper was still working. The highway (route 95) had a very small breakdown lane which I did not feel comfortable pulling into due to the lack of space and visibility. When I eventually got to my destination I noticed through the wiper cover that the wiper elbow appeared to be disconnected. I brought my car to the dealership today and they discovered the wiper transmission was broken. They mentioned that this very issue came up with Chevy equinoxes and they were currently under recall. Ultimately I was charged $228.05 after parts, labor, and taxes.

- Cranston, RI, USA

Jan 192016

Cruze

Takata recall'' a whole burn into my air condensor causing my fluids to leak out and causing a bad smell

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

May 052015

Cruze

While driving in the rain at cruising speed on the highway, my driver's side windshield wiper (transmission linkage) separated at one of the ball/cup joints causing my wiper to uncontrollably fly back and contact my driver's side window. Leaving me without an operable wiper system and safe transportation to work. This is the second such failure on this vehicle as the same issue was repaired approximately a year ago. Obviously, a safety concern depending on the driving and weather conditions at the time of failure.

- Cary, NC, USA

Dec 242015

Cruze

I was driving on the interstate highway during a rain storm when the driver side wiper blade quit working. I had to pull off the road which was very difficult because my vision was being blocked by the rain. It was very dangerous to do this because of the wiper failure. I was traveling at a speed of 55-60 mph at this time.

- Belfry, KY, USA

Nov 212015

Cruze

This morning there was frost on my windshield I started my defrost when frost was melting I turned on wipers to remove melted frost my driver side wiper started skipping and then stuck in the vertical position and now its loose and do not operate correctly.

- Graham, NC, USA

May 182015

Cruze

Driver's side wiper stopped working in the rain. It was found to be an issue with the wiper transmission. The end came off the base of the wiper arm spindle. After some research this seems to be a common safety issue with this model and should be addressed by the manufacturer. A recall is in order due to the fact that it is a safety concern and this part should never fail let alone on a car that has not been on the road 4 years yet.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Nov 172014

Cruze 4-cyl

When driving in freezing temperatures my windows begin to fog and frost on the inside of all 4 windows, the rear window, and the corners of the windshield. After driving about 10 - 15 minutes with the defrosters blowing warm air, the car is unable to clear the frost. And by then, the frost has built up enough to the point to where I cannot see out of either drivers or passenger side window. This car was brought to lupient Chevrolet in bloomington, mn (where it was purchased 6 months ago). It was looked at for a week in which the service manger informed me that there is no fix for this problem due to the engine being too small to keep up with cold winter conditions.

- St Joseph, MN, USA

Dec 182014

Cruze 4-cyl

Drivers side windshield wiper failure at night, in rain, at speed, resulting in severe loss of vision. Found that wiper transmission intermediate link separated from LH wiper transmission bellcrank at ballsocket..further identified plastic ballsocket on link failed, and could not be reattached. Replaced with new wiper transmission assembly P/N 95971326. Oem failed part identified by #95971324 dongyang 12/10/10 14:16:18 vehicle primarily driven in rainy climate, wipers used a lot. Never frozen to windshield, or ice/snow buildup.

- Saint Helens, OR, USA

Oct 182013

Cruze 4-cyl

While driving in rain the driver's side wiper blade stopped working. It was scary because I could not see. I pulled in at mechanic shop to check it out. The mechanic showed me where the arm for the driver side is connected by being pressed into a ball. In my vehicle the arm popped out of the ball causing the driver's side blade to stop working. The plastic socket probably got worn. The mechanic did not have the arm available so he innovated. I owned several vehicles in my life and much older and the wiper blades never quit like this. I think it is a safety issue and I am scared driving the Cruze. I still have the innovated fix in case somebody wants to look at it. I am very disappointed with Chevy.

- Wooster, OH, USA

Jun 152012

Cruze 4-cyl

Inside rear view mirror seems lose and will vibrate/shake while driving over bumps and when the radio is turned on, making it difficult to have a clear view of what's behind the car. Dealer looked at it and said there was nothing that can be done to fix it.

- Brookpark, OH, USA