Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

2011 Chevrolet Cruze brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 032012

This has happened on several occasions. First of all just to make you aware, this has only happened on a cold start for the vehicle. I am at an incline, it may even be a slight incline, I go to put my car in reverse, and I lose my breaks. This specific incident that I am reporting almost caused an accident. I was leaving a mall parking lot, and I went to stop at a light, and my car would not stop no matter how hard I pushed on the breaks. Almost causing me to hit the car in front of me. Upon that happening I made a call to the dealership in which I purchased the vehicle, and took the car in the same day. They kept my car for seven days, and told me there was nothing wrong with it.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Jul 192012

Cruze 4-cyl

While driving 2011 Chevrolet Cruze the service lights for ABS and stabilitrak begin intermittently illuminating at the same time, remaining on for random periods of time.

- Valparaiso, IN, USA

Jan 172012

Cruze 4-cyl

When in reverse the brakes were pushed to the floor but the car continued to roll backwards. It was put into drive and back into reverse and they worked properly. Vehicle was taken to dealership but issue could not be recreated. Problem continues randomly, mostly when the car has been used, parked, and then used again (coming home from work). On 6-22-12 the car was backed out of the driveway and put into drive, while my husband pulled up to our mailbox the brake was pushed down to the floor and the car continued to roll.

- Sulphur Springs, TX, USA

Apr 112012

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that the became spongy and was abnormally depressed all the way to the floorboard before the vehicle responded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that they could not find any failure with the brakes. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified who offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 13,930.

- Wolcott, NY, USA