- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 23 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 27 days ago
- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 39 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 42 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 45 days ago
Anti Freeze Smell In The Car
2011 Chevrolet Cruze (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 28,162 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (18 reports)
- water pump replaced (5 reports)
- get rid of the car (3 reports)
- replace heater core and all seals (1 reports)
- replaced mounting bolts to water pump (1 reports)
cooling system problem