- July 20: GM Recalls 10 Chevy Cruze and Chevy Volt Cars
- July 11: GM Recalls 98,000 Cars For Radio and Seat Belt Problems
- July 10: GM Recalls 686,000 Vehicles With Liftgates That Fall On You
- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
Anti Freeze Smell In The Car
2011 Chevrolet Cruze (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 22,676 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- get rid of the car (3 reports)
- water pump replaced (3 reports)
- replace heater core and all seals (1 reports)
- replaced mounting bolts to water pump (1 reports)
cooling system problem