CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

2011 Chevrolet Cruze drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Dec 092015

Cruze

In addition to two complaints filed about this vehicle already. The U.S has no concern for human life in the U.S and is allowing white supremacy to endanger minority drivers and other drivers. The testing of satellite radiological dispersal weapons and remote control systems involving, hacking, backdoor access, remote control, surveillance and vehicle compromise persists. On 12/10/15 and 12/09/15 the vehicle was halted by force from a satellite tracking the vehicle. Ample evidence of electrical problems in the car, cellphone tracking and home tracking is available. A federal lawsuit was filed and dismissed without reason of cause to further the hate crime. On these two days I was driving the vehicle one again, and lost control over the vehicle steering and throttle. The issue occurs at stop signs to cause an accident there or at a intersection. The vehicle is purposely tampered with during transit to cause loss of control and throttle. The vehicle throttle is gone, the gas peddle goes limp and the engine stops throttle for a duration. The engine then kicks in full force after a series of hard sputters on throttle jerking the car forward up a hill or into to a stop. I was in highland NY leaving a plaza, where this occurs, and other intersections with lights

- New Paltz, NY, USA

Aug 172015

Cruze

Have had repeated issues with service stabilitrak light coming on while driving and then power being reduced to vehicle, causing unsafe driving conditions; following recall to reprogram computer engine fan ran continually for days; car died when startong, dealer replaced computer tried to return with check engine light on, now stabilitrak issue has recurred again. Not confident that dealership has any clue what is really wrong with this car. The dealership's most recent guess is that something is wrong with the transmission but that they are getting a code they don't recognize.

- Lexington, MI, USA

Sep 222015

Cruze

I try to start my car and the car will struggle to start or sometimes not turn over at all and no warning lights on the dashboard pop up. I had recieved a recall notice in the mail a couple of months ago about the power train. When I read up on in it said it may make the car not restart. Now if I turn the ignition to where all the lights pop up & put the car in neutral, the car will start up easier for me. I no longer have the notice and am wondering what I should do. When I type in my VIN # it say it doesnt have any open recalls, yet I recieved a notice.

- Clinton, MD, USA

May 122015

Cruze

It slips out of gear and shifts hard trying to find the right gear

- Perryopolis, PA, USA

Apr 062015

Cruze

While driving the vehicle the engine light came on. The car only has $60,000 on it but we took it in because the engine would just randomly stop and the car would stall. The vehicle when brought into the dealership, had been inspected and the car was missing parts. The intake manifold non return valve was missing. There was a vacuum leak at the PCV orifice external port. Water pump was leaking from bolt holes and cover plate. Coolant leak was found even though a few months prior to the leak, Chevy "fixed" the recalled item. I believe that the vehicle has many faulty parts and this is the second time I have written a complaint about this company using faulty parts in there manufacturing process.

- Gilberts, IL, USA

Feb 112015

Cruze 4-cyl

Never had any problems with this vehicle indicating that this would suddenly happen but it did. I would heat up my car in the morning and the reduced engine light would come on, I would turn the car off and then back on in a couple of minutes and it would drive fine. This happened a few times but then I was driving about 55 mph and then all of a sudden the engine and stabilitrac light comes on and says reduced engine power and the car slows down about 5 mph immediately. This occurred 3 times on my way home that is normally only a 10 minute drive, the very next morning it did it again when starting it up in the morning to take it to the dealership. This happens in the middle of traffic and thankfully did not cause an accident but it could if this would of happened on the expressway. There are several complaints on this issue with the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze on the complaint forums about the throttle body (dealership confirmed this issue). This is very dangerous!

- Lansing, MI, USA

Feb 212015

Cruze 4-cyl

My Chevrolet dealer informed me that my 2011 Chevy Cruze has a leak in the transmission oil cooler lines. Is there or will there be a recall for this problem. I noticed (NHTSA campaign number:14V152000) the Chevy Silverado, Suburban, Sierra, Tahoe, and Yukon had a recall for transmission cooler line issues. Please let me know if/when Chevrolet will reimburse for the replacement and repair for this health and safety issue(potential vehicle fire). Thank you for your attention regarding this matter.

- Hillsborough, NJ, USA

Feb 032014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that after reversing and putting the vehicle into drive, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Salem , AR, USA

Feb 192015

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that while driving at 70 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact also stated that the lost power, the electronic stability control, and the service traction control warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the throttle body control needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 04/10/15 the consumer stated the dealer advised the throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted but did not offer any assistance. Updated 11/5/2015

- Girard, PA, USA

Feb 062015

Cruze 4-cyl

The vehicle stopped moving while cruising on the highway. The clutch and the flywheel stopped working randomly causing the vehicle to stop accelerating. Brought to two separate dealers who say we have to replace the parts. Very concerned this is a faulty part, not worn out from the driver.

- Gilberts, IL, USA

Feb 052015

Cruze 4-cyl

While driving I lost engine power and had no foot throttle. The check light came on that stated reduced engine power and check stabilatrak. Shutting car off and restart did not fix. My car would not go over 4mph and I was nearly rear ended.

- Farmdale, OH, USA

Jan 012015

Cruze 4-cyl

The Chevrolet Cruze 2011 is compromised by hacking and tampering and allows for the endangerment of the drive, other motor vehicle drivers or pedestrians. The radio antenna will sound off and constantly make a roaming noise as if being accessed. This is at every stop sign and every stop light or every destination reached by gps markers. The Cruze system is allowing the 24/7 tracking when it is used and tampering with the intent to cause malfunction or annoyance. The throttle is being cut off deliberately at stop signs, and traffic lights and destinations, the radio antenna will constantly make a roaming noise "searching or access". the vehicle is deliberately being used for stalking blacks for hate crimes while testing out vehicle halting systems by clearly satellite. This has happened 100 or so times in the 3 year I have had the vehicle and there is no remedy. When other persons use my own vehicle these issue do not arise and I have confirmed this with other owners, my vehicle is a unique occurrence that involves also a hate crime in public, police stalking, law enforcement stalking, home stalking and tampering of all electronic devices I own or use in my home. This car is not safe and the throttle cut offs are deliberate and specific. The throttle as I said already is cut off at a stop sign or mid acceleration with the intent to remove operator control and halt the vehicle. The lights are turned on and off on their own on one occasion. I have had other people test the car, these things do not occur even while I am in the passenger side. Only when I am the sole individual driving the vehicle alone is the throttle cut off and the lights tampered with including the antenna for stalking and tracking where I go. This is my second filing to address white supremacy under the color or law that interferes with personal property and use and control of property.

- New Paltz, NY, USA

Oct 152014

Cruze

I was pulling out of a gas station, use to my normal power and almost got hit because my car wouldn't go over 15mph floored. Then looked down and saw a engine power is reduced, service stabili trak and service traction control. So I took to a mechanic he hooked it up and the code showed up as my throttle body position sensor. They replaced it and drove it and it drove fine for about two weeks. I was just going down the road then all of a sudden my car did the same thing. I lost power so fast that I about got rear ended. Took it back to the body shop and showed the same code so they replaced the part again. And two days after all this my car is doing this again. This is extremely dangerous at how it looses engine power. It looses it so fast that someone can get hurt extremely bad.

- Rutledge , TN, USA

Oct 182014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle started jerking and the contact was unable to shift gears. The engine stalled and was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Nov 182014

Cruze 4-cyl

The vehicle would not shift out of park nor remove the key. The wheel was locked as well as the shift lever. The car would turn on however would not move. There was no lights in the vehicle.

- Garden City, MI, USA

Nov 182014

Cruze

Vehicle has had water pump replaced earlier this year under warranty - and had the turbo charger replaced last week under warranty. Not covered under warranty last week was a "leaking" battery. Since battery was original - I felt it was worth replacing. Yesterday, while driving to work, the check engine light came on and the heater stopped working. Today - the dealer calls me and states that they need to replace a hose and outlet. There was no leak yesterday - and they state that there is a leak and this is the reason. They want $250 for repairs. The hose was fine yesterday - and the outlet should have been replaced with the water pump (actually they should have replaced the hose at that time also). No response from GM quality care. Over $500 in the last two weeks - and I am not certain that this issue is over. It has also had two computers replaced when I first got it.

- Royse City, TX, USA

Oct 042014

Cruze 4-cyl

Oil leakage on top of engine, smell of burning oil, loud sound of vehicle, car misfires.

- Wakefield, MI, USA

Aug 082014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving approximately 73 mph, the vehicle decelerated and the traction control, power steering, and transmission hot warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Sep 182014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and the esp warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Council Bluff, IA, USA

Sep 122014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving 65-70 mph, the accelerator pedal extended to the floorboard when it was depressed and the contact heard an abnormal noise coming from the engine. The check engine warning indicator illuminated. Additionally, while the vehicle was at a complete stop, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle only accelerated to 5 mph. The dealer stated that the transmission fluid needed to be flushed. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that the transmission was hot and the engine warning indicator illuminated. The dealer stated that the failure was normal wear and tear. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 139,200.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA