CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.

According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.

Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.

6.0

1. replace battery (2 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Cruze electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Cruze LT

Car had been starting "differently" the prior week or so, but nothing significant to make me take it in. Drove from my house to town (4 miles), got out at the grocery store, got back in, drove 1/2 mile to parents house. Stayed in my parents house about 30 minutes, come outside and the car won't start.

My dad hooked jumper cables up and it immediately started. Drove all day - stopped, turned car off, back on, even had the battery tested at ABC Auto and they said the battery and alternator were good.

I drove it back home (4 miles) and parked. I went out every couple of hours to start it just to see if there were any lingering issues.....none.

Got in the next morning and had to be jumped off again. Took it to the dealer - new battery cost $185+tax.

- , Pittsburg, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Cruze LTZ

My Cruze had been starting "funny" for a week or so. Seemed slow to turn over. Then, one day I came out of a store and sure enough, it wouldn't start. Luckily I was across the street from one of the stores of the auto shop my brother-in-law works for and one of their guys came over to jump me off. Took the car in to the dealership and had to put a new battery in it. While I realize that batteries don't last forever, they shouldn't go out at 22,700 miles!

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA