2011 Chevrolet Cruze electrical problems: battery went dead

Battery Went Dead

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

6.0

1. replace battery (2 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Cruze electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Cruze LT

Car had been starting "differently" the prior week or so, but nothing significant to make me take it in. Drove from my house to town (4 miles), got out at the grocery store, got back in, drove 1/2 mile to parents house. Stayed in my parents house about 30 minutes, come outside and the car won't start.

My dad hooked jumper cables up and it immediately started. Drove all day - stopped, turned car off, back on, even had the battery tested at ABC Auto and they said the battery and alternator were good.

I drove it back home (4 miles) and parked. I went out every couple of hours to start it just to see if there were any lingering issues.....none.

Got in the next morning and had to be jumped off again. Took it to the dealer - new battery cost $185+tax.

- , Pittsburg, TX, USA

Feb 012012

Cruze LTZ

My Cruze had been starting "funny" for a week or so. Seemed slow to turn over. Then, one day I came out of a store and sure enough, it wouldn't start. Luckily I was across the street from one of the stores of the auto shop my brother-in-law works for and one of their guys came over to jump me off. Took the car in to the dealership and had to put a new battery in it. While I realize that batteries don't last forever, they shouldn't go out at 22,700 miles!

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA