CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.

According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.

Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.

4.0

2011 Chevrolet Cruze electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 212012

Cruze LTZ

Took the car into the dealership on 8/16/12 with 35,755 miles and still under warranty and told them that remote start wasn't working properly. It wouldn't always work. Of course it was working the day that they looked at it and I was told there is nothing wrong. Had to take the car into a different dealership today because the check engine light is on (see other complaint) and sure enough the remote start won't work and now it is 2,500 miles outside of warranty. 4th problem with the Cruze. I would also like to mention that I come from a family with 4 GM employees that has only ever owned GM cars, so it would take a lot for me to complain. I am so dissatisfied with this car that I am posting all issues with it and WON'T be buying another GM vehicle. (My sister just bought an Impala and has had to have it in 2 or 3 times - one time I know was due to a bad time shaft. Apparently the old GM that makes quality products really is gone.)

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA