2011 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems: check engine light on and reduced power

Check Engine Light On And Reduced Power

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

9.5

2. replace throttle body (1 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 042013

Cruze LS

I DO NOT like this car. All kinds of problems with it. Engine light is constantly on and NO power going up hill. It is the worst car I have ever bought in my life.

- , Crownpoint, New Mexico, USA

Dec 152013

Cruze LTZ 1.4L

When I was driving to work one morning, my engine power reduced warning came on and the engine light, traction control light came on and I could go no faster than 2or3 mph. I called my husband, and he took me to work, than got the car back home. It ran fine for a month or so, then it happened again. Then several more times in the next month. Now it is happening almost daily, and the car completely shuts down. Sometimes now, it takes 10 times to get it restarted. I contacted GM and they didn't seem to want to do any thing about. There is no recall, my car is not under warranty. I have read on forums about several 2011 Cruzes with this problem. Always seems to happen afet warranty, around 50,000 miles. That is way to early for serious complications.

- , Brookville, PA, USA

Jan 142011

Cruze 2LT Turbo

My check engine light randomly came on as i was driving to work. I had to drop everything and immediately take it to the dealer. I thought it had something to do with the horrible shifting and accelerating problems i had been having. It ends up they ended up replacing my thermostat on a car that was only 2 months old. and told me that they were not able to duplicate the delay in acceleration and shifting, so they weren't able to fix it, but they did replace the thermostat.

- , Maple Valley, WA, USA

Jan 262013

Cruze LT 1.4

On January 26,2013 My engine light came on and the car said my engine power had been reduced and I could not go faster than 5 mph. Took it to the dealership stated that I needed a new throttle body on the car and it was not cover under warranty since I was at 52,000 miles. I have only owned the car for 16 months at the time. I understand normal wear and tear on a car but to have a throttle body changed at 52,000 is insane. This car is giving me nothing but problems and GM wont give assistance because it is no longer under bumper to bumper warranty. This car had a lag the from the moment I bought car but nothing was done about it. Now after warranty when the issue has manifested I have to be the one to pay. I am looking into filing a lawsuit because this car is cheaply put together and GM is doing nothing to help.

Update from Feb 27, 2013: The Throttle Body was replaced and fixed on my car. The cost was $374 and not covered under warranty due to being over 36,000 miles. The part was on back order for over two weeks. GM did not supply me with a rental until the last 5 days of the part being on back order.

- , Chattanooga, TN, USA