- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 8 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 16 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 29 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 39 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 58 days ago
Oil Leak From Crankcase Seal
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 41,299 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- fix the leak (2 reports)
- mechanics removed transmission and replaced seal - 9 days (2 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)