- February 9: Chevy Cruze Lawsuit Says Steering Wheels Lock news | 1 days ago
- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 34 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 36 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 43 days ago
- December 21: GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Capacity Lawsuit Filed news | 51 days ago
Oil Leak From Crankcase Seal
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 30,374 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- mechanics removed transmission and replaced seal - 9 days (2 reports)
- fix the leak (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)