2011 Chevrolet Cruze fuel system problems: gas gauge is inaccurate

Gas Gauge Is Inaccurate

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

4.0

2011 Chevrolet Cruze fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Aug 202011

Cruze LT 1.4L

Gas gauge reads just less than 1/4 tank and the computer says I can go 200 miles at average highway speed. Had it to the dealer and they said its OK. I had a C6 Corvette and they looked at every complaint I had, but I take my little econobox in and I feel as though they don't care. I guess its all about the almighty dollar. I will give them 1 more chance and if I get the same treatment I will get the owner and throw the key down and demand my money back. This is the largest Corvette dealer in Colorado. I have always tried to buy American, but This time I will look real hard at the foreign cars.

- , Brighton, CO, USA