CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.

According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.

Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.

4.0

2011 Chevrolet Cruze fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Aug 202011

Cruze LT 1.4L

Gas gauge reads just less than 1/4 tank and the computer says I can go 200 miles at average highway speed. Had it to the dealer and they said its OK. I had a C6 Corvette and they looked at every complaint I had, but I take my little econobox in and I feel as though they don't care. I guess its all about the almighty dollar. I will give them 1 more chance and if I get the same treatment I will get the owner and throw the key down and demand my money back. This is the largest Corvette dealer in Colorado. I have always tried to buy American, but This time I will look real hard at the foreign cars.

- , Brighton, CO, USA