CarComplaints.com Notes: In many ways, the 2012 Cruze continues the legacy of its predecessor. It's a legacy of sluggish transmissions and coolant leaks, but it's still a legacy.

To be fair, the number of complaints about the cooling system are way down versus the 2011 model which led to a class-action lawsuit.

On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.

However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."

8.1

2012 Chevrolet Cruze accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze:

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 202016

Cruze 4-cyl

In 2014 my car had an issue where it started over heating. The car was previously part of a recall for the water pump breaking. This caused my car heating and cooling system not to work properly. This can be dangerous if driving and it happened while I was driving. I just had the same issue on October 20 of 2016.

- Waukegan, IL, USA

Dec 212011

Cruze 4-cyl

The heater blows air at 215 degrees causing the heater vents to become very hot, and untouchable. The owner is unable to use the heater fully because it is like being in a sauna. GM knows about the problem, but has no resolution because the issue is a design issue. The owner is proceeding with the lemon law.

- Hauser, ID, USA