CarComplaints.com Notes: In many ways, the 2012 Cruze continues the legacy of its predecessor. It's a legacy of sluggish transmissions and coolant leaks, but it's still a legacy.

To be fair, the number of complaints about the cooling system are way down versus the 2011 model which led to a class-action lawsuit.

On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.

However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."

2012 Chevrolet Cruze steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze:

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Aug 272013

Cruze 4-cyl

This started this week, the electrical parts (radio, speakers, turning signal clicker, ac etc) will constantly flicker off then come back on after about ten seconds, every time I have the car running. The stability warning will sometimes go on but will eventually go out. The specific incident occurred the the 27th of August when I went to take a left turn, on to a highway. When I went to make a turn my power steering locked up and almost caused me to hit a passing car and get rear ended. It specifically locked up at about ten miles an hour while picking up speed. After I returned to my parking lot it locked up again and caused me to hit a barrier, slightly damaging the front bumper. Since then my power steering will sometimes lock up making it extremely difficult to turn.

- Lombard, IL, USA