7.4

2. turbo replacement (1 reports)
  3. turn engine off for awhile and restart engine (1 reports)
2012 Chevrolet Cruze transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze:

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Jul 152013

Cruze ECO 4 Cylinders

Sluggish pick up is accompanied by Drive D flashing on screen. Drove to dealer and shut off and restarted and sluggish pick up and Drive D not flashing. Check engine light stays on overnight then everything normal again.

- , Sandia Park, NM, USA

Feb 142013

Cruze SL V6

have a cruze that shifts hard. chevy mechanic said he could feel it shift hard but it did not throw a code.

said that cruzes were made to shifting hard. to me this is very weird. think of all the spilt liquid you could have, the damage to the parts inside the transmission. then it goes out and who is paying to have it replaced- the consumer. ours all the sudden jerks so bad it will make you hit your head on the seat. but yet can't report a code?? if this is normal (and that's what the guy said ) then i would tell you all that do not buy a cruze they need to have a fix made to them or the cruze are deliberately a lemon. for the American people. maybe if people stop buying they will stop making them this way.

who's brilliant idea was it to make a hard shifting car?? bets is got low mileage warranty on it too, so when it does go out its not cover. they make them that way give me a brake!

bought 2 chevrolet models at the same time but will think twice about this make when replacing them.

- , Riverton, Wyoming, USA

Feb 102013

Cruze LS

Very sluggish performance when shifting, car has NO get up & for a 6 speed that sux.

ALSO GAS MILEAGE IS EXTREMEMY BAD ......IM GETTING BARELY 24MPG!!!!

- , Victorville, CA, USA

Jan 012013

Cruze LS

Cruze is a 6 speed manual.......few times idle got so low it shut off.

It's sluggish till you get thru to like 3rd gear, even worse with AC on.

Car is NOT what it's "deemed" to be at all.....I emailed Chevy/GMAC, they assigned somone & opened a case.

- , Victorville, CA, USA

Apr 162013

Cruze LT 4 cyl

This is the 3rd time I have taken my car to the shop for the same thing. it loses power and I had a recall on the car. I have had it a year and I have had more problems than what it is worth!!!!!!!

- , Edinburg, Texas, USA

Mar 012012

Cruze

I have to agree. This car is a piece of crap! I can't wait to trade it in. If it functions like this now, then how bad would it be 5 years from now??? This thing has NO POWER at all!!! I am so sorry I bought this vehicle and I miss my Toyota Yaris. I should have stayed with that instead!

- , Winchester, Virginia, USA

Dec 212011

Cruze

I am pissed I bought this car...I should have stayed with Toyota! The car is a slug! No get up and go power. When it's cold it's worse! When you step on gas...it lags out and then has a surge ... I just hope I don't get slammed by another car due to its sluggish acceleration... No has 1800 miles , and i regret having to pay for a new product that is a disgrace to the Chevy name.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA