Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: In many ways, the 2012 Cruze continues the legacy of its predecessor. It's a legacy of sluggish transmissions and coolant leaks, but it's still a legacy.

To be fair, the number of complaints about the cooling system are way down versus the 2011 model which led to a class-action lawsuit.

On the flip-side, there's more concerns about brake problems.

However, there were far more Cruze vehicles sold for the 2012 model year so we'll give it our "Beware of this Clunker" badge rather than the "Avoid Like the Plague."

2012 Chevrolet Cruze wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze:

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Aug 292014

Cruze 4-cyl

Vehicle turned off in the middle of taking a left turn. Caused the car to go off the road into a graded lot. At this point causing my tire to go flat and damaging the fender and passenger door. This is not the first time the car has turned off on me. I have had it in the shop 3 times in the 4 months that I have owned this vehicle and still nothing is resolved.

- Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA

Feb 032014

I was driving to work around 6 am my dash board blinked off and on and showed an error "traction control/stabilitrack." I have taken the vehicle to the dealer at least 3 times and they tell me when the vehicle is in their care it does happen. The last time I let them keep the vehicle for a 1 1/2 weeks and it happen the next day I drove it. Now I'm trying to figure out who is going to reimburse me for the rental I needed.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Apr 042014

Cruze 4-cyl Diesel

My 2012 Chevy Cruze suddenly developed vibration in the front end as well as pulling to the right. Pulled over to inspect it and found a large bulge in the sidewall on the front passenger side tire. I drove it to discount tire where they said it was not safe to drive and it needed to be replaced. They wont get into any warranty/defect issues they referred me to the Chevy dealer for that. I did have them put the old tire in the trunk. When I got home I pulled it out to look at it and on the inside of the tire right where the bulge is the tire is cracked on the inside. Ugh! I called Continental and they said I need to take the car to Chevy and have them inspect them and they will contact Continental to see if they are considered defective.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Sep 052012

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact was driving 30 mph when he heard an abnormal noise coming from the wheels. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The dealer was unable to diagnose a failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and the current mileage was 6,000.

- San Jacinto , CA, USA

Nov 042011

I just bought a 2012 Chevy Cruze. At take off and turning around curves at low speed the steering and the wheels shake. I took it to the dealership. And couldn't find anything wrong with it but it continues to do it. Very upsetting that it is brand new and already having problems. I really like my car but wish it was fixed.

- Milton, WV, USA