5.8

2013 Chevrolet Cruze drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze:

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 252012

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While accelerating from a stop, the vehicle moved backwards before accelerating forward. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle jerked forward. In addition, the contact heard a rattling sound coming from the engine and motor oil fumes were present. The check engine warning indicator illuminated. The failures occurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Jul 042013

Cruze 4-cyl

Car was jerking, then stalled, then stablitrack and traction control warning light came on.

- Stoughton, WI, USA

Jun 092014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V151000 (power train); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The dealer stated that they could not remedy the recall until after two months because the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vidalia, GA, USA

May 072014

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V151000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/02/14 updated 3/9/15

- Panama City, FL, USA

Jun 092014

Cruze

My vehicle is part of the NHTSA campaign id number 14V151. This right front axle problem has been known since at least March 2014. I was notified in June 2014 of the recall. The dealer still has no parts to fix the subject vehicles (even ones that have failed). Others like me are afraid to drive on long trips with the known unsafe condition. Still others are afraid to drive their vehicle at all. This is atrocious and needs to be dealt with immediately.

- Weirton, WV, USA

Jul 012014

Cruze 4-cyl

2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Consumer writes in regards to front axle fracture recall. The consumer was informed, the parts were not available.

- Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Cruze 4-cyl

2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Consumer writes in regards to front right axle half shaft recall notice. When the consumer arrived at the dealer, to have the vehicle inspected, she was informed the parts were not available, but they had been ordered.

- Rosedale, MD, USA

Jul 072014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V151000 (power train). The contact felt that the repair had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer indicated that parts were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue.

- Redwood City, CA, USA

Apr 302014

Cruze 4-cyl

I bought my Cruze in Nov 2013 1.4 turbo engine, I saw the recall on T.V. on Apr 15, called mike castrucci milford, Ohio 513-831-5460 and asked about it, I was leaving in two days to drive four hours to take care of my sister, my VIN number was checked I was told my car was not involved. I found out at cardinal Chevy dealer in hazard, that it was, when I called castrucci, they said bring my Cruze in as soon as I came home, that was May 13, my car is undrivable, and has been at castrucci since then waiting on parts. Now I see that other cars like mine were already involved, and were repaired with faulty parts, and have to be repaired again. I want my car fixed or I want my money back, I paid cash for this car and it has been at mike castrucci for two months!!!!!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 122014

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While at a stop, the vehicle jerked and made an abnormal noise when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 5,400. Updated 10/1/14 updated 5/12/2015

- Buffalo, NY, USA

May 122014

Cruze

GM has a recall out on the 2013 - 2014 Chevy Cruze models for the defective part on the right front end axle, they have had my Chevy Cruze in their service department since May 12th, 2014 when they did the recall inspection. They are unable to release the vehicle back to me because they would be liable if something happened to me. They do not have the parts, or do they have a time frame as to when the parts will be available. This has caused a major inconvenience for me, as I am making payments on a brand new vehicle which I have no access to, due to this recall. It is unfair as a consumer that a car was sold knowing that they had a defective part and knew they had no parts for the recall. Just yesterday they announced another recall for the 2013-2014 Chevy Cruze models for a defective airbag. Have not found out if my car is included in this one or not, but at this time, who cares, they still have my car for the front end axle recall with no timeframe as to when I will get my vehicle fixed. Buy your cars back that you sold to consumers willing knowing this problem. Lemon law under the GM new car warranty.

- Canon City, CO, USA

May 142014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number 14V151000 (power train) and stated that the vehicle currently remained at the dealer due to the remedy part not being available to perform the repair. The vehicle had been at the dealer for sixty consecutive days. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Springfield, OR, USA

May 052014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received a notice for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 14V151000 (power train) however, the part was unavailable to do the repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Levonia, MI, USA

Jun 112014

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V151000 (power train). When the contact attempted to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle repaired, the dealer stated that the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired and had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/23/14 the consumer stated the vehicle was repaired. Updated 4/16/2015

- Bridgville, DE, USA

May 282014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. While making a left turn at an unknown speed, the vehicle decelerated independently and stalled. Once restarted, the vehicle operated normally. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- East Peoria, IL, USA

Aug 012013

Cruze 4-cyl

The vehicle has always and continues to not change gears smoothly. This occurs more at low idle speeds where the car changes from 2nd to 3rd to 4th to 3rd to 4th as if it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer 3 times and they have told me that since there are no lights coming on the dash, there is no fix. I have been told by the service department this is happening in all Chevy's with the 6 speed transmission. This is becoming increasingly dangerous as it is now doing it at all times in all gears. I bought the car new and have not been satisfied since the 2nd month of ownership. If Chevy can't come up with a fix, why not a new computer, isn't customer satisfaction something american car makers should be striving for"?"

- White House, TN, USA

May 062014

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V151000 (power train). The contact stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for the remedy part to become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/15/14

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

May 282014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that parts were not available for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V452000 (power train). The vehicle was unable to be serviced under the recall. The dealer was unable to inform when the remedy part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Apr 212014

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that parts were not available for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V151000 (power train). The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where it was advised that the vehicle was to remain at the dealer until the recall was performed. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wilson, NC, USA

May 212013

Cruze 4-cyl

We have a Chevy Cruze want to know what is being done for us. We took our car for a inspection and was told we could not have our car back as the shaft was damage and they could not give us our car for safety reason. The dealer knew our car was called back two weeks before and did not notify us. If we did not take our car for inspection we would of not known. Right now we still are waiting for our car. The part is not made yet and it will be a month since they took it from us. What can we do. We are still making payments on something we cannot even have even through we own it. We are getting the run around from GMC and also from the dealer. Our car only has less than 5,000 miles help.

- Wilson, NC, USA