2013 Chevrolet Cruze lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze:

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 312014

Cruze

Traveling West and an East bound vehicle turned in front of me. The other driver was ticket for failure to yield and accident causing bodily injury. My air bags did not deploy I sustained injuries to my chest, hit my head on drivers side window and my left should and ribs were thrown in to the door.

- Lafayette , CO, USA

Jan 132013

Cruze

I could smell coolant/antifreeze when the heater was on and the temperature was set to a high setting. I didn't think anything was wrong, just thought it might be a break-in issue. As of today's date Nov 9, 2014 I still can smell the coolant smell when the heater is on. Recently I received a letter from GM concerning possible coolant loss. At my last service of the vehicle I asked the dealer to check for this problem. Nothing was reported to me from the dealer. I assumed that there was no problem. The other issue I have noticed is dash lights dimming or brightening on their own. The latest problem was that the car would not start this morning. Drove perfectly yesterday, this morning dead. Jumped the car and everything seems fine. Making an appointment with the dealer. Noticed that the coolant level is about 3 inches low in over flow tank. Looked on the internet about Cruze cars and found many posts about electrical problems. GM tells them all that they are not aware of any electrical problems but you tube videos show gauges and radios cutting out when driving. Some videos describe cars shutting down when driving and not restarting. Others have service messages appearing on the information screen and the dealers find nothing wrong. It is starting to sound like the infamous Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems. I am seriously thinking it is time to get rid of my 2013 cruise as the factory warranty will expire soon. Current mileage is 27490 on Nov 9, 2014.

- Cold Spring, KY, USA

Sep 032013

Cruze

Limited visibility at night, (shaded windshield) with no artificial lighting (street lights) especially bad on curves and hills. See link youtu.be/blu0J2bng5O

- Englewood, TN, USA

Sep 032013

Cruze 4-cyl

Impaired visibility at night and very unsafe, (seems as though your looking through a half darken shaded windshield) with no artificial lighting (street lights) especially bad on curves and hills. Please see link (you tube) youtu.be/blu0J2bng5O according to the invoice, per the consumer, the headlights seemed low. The dealer adjusted the headlights. Updated 01/23/14

- Englewood, TN, USA