9.6

2014 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Cruze 4-cyl

2014 Chevrolet Cruze. Consumer writes in regards to transmission shift problems. The consumer stated it took a while, before the gears shifted properly. Also, at times, there was a smell of gas and coolant. The battery cables were corroded.

- Oak Park, MI, USA

Dec 012014

Cruze 4-cyl

2014 Chevrolet cruz ltz exhaust fumes/mold/antifreeze smells caused sickness, bad allergies, eyes, nose, lungs problems.

- Edgewater, FL, USA

Dec 262013

Cruze

The car was turned off for approximately 45 minutes. The door was opened and a buzzing noise was coming from the engine area. It lasted about 5 minutes. The same thing happened 5 more times. At that point, we had an appointment to be at. The issue has been handed over to the GM engineers. At this point, nobody knows what the problem is, we believe it could be a safety hazard. The only time we have driven the vehicle since that episode, was to take it over to the dealership.

- Telford, PA, USA

Jan 072014

Cruze 4-cyl

While driving my newly leased 2014 Chevy Cruze with the heat on to school I became dizzy, nausea and very disoriented. I pulled over and opened the windows took my hat and scarf off, within a few minutes I began to feel normal again. I preceded to start driving again only to have the same thing happen again. I called my mother to make her aware of what was happening when I drove my new car. She advised me to leave the windows open and to keep the heat off until we could get this car in for service. We brought the car in for service on January 13th, 2014 advising them that within 15 mins of driving the car we would become sick with a headache and very nausea and dizzy. The service men laughed at us. We told them that maybe its carbon monoxide getting into the car. We left the car at the service center. The very next day I received a call from the dealership advising me that yes we were right that it was carbon monoxide getting into the car. They had a service man drive the vehicle who concluded that yes it was carbon monoxide poisoning. They were going to get in touch with GM and advise us as to what they were going to do!!

- Babylon, NY, USA