2014 Chevrolet Cruze miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze:

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Cruze

My vehicle was totaled in an accident in which the drivers airbag did not deploy. Due to the fact that my son (the driver) who recently returned from the military was not in my insurance policy they refuse coverage. 2 weeks after the incident I received a letter from Chevrolet informing me about a recall on my vehicle pertaining to the reason of the accident.I filed a claim with Chevrolet, filed a claim with GM motors. Till this day I have called and left messages and they won't respond to my calls.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 102016

Cruze

While driving on city streets the acceleration declines and almost stops. When trying to regain speed after a complete stop the car lunges forward then stops, , the RPM goes crazy, the red zone when entering the freeway I have very little power and have experienced hesitation. When I reach freeway speed I may sense a decline in speed but this doesn't happen all the time. The Chevrolet garage is unable to duplicate the problem or identify the cause, no light alerts.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Aug 132016

Cruze

Service engine light flashed with messages to service both stabilitrak and traction control. Later that same day noticed jerking of engine so strong it shook the car while idling and constant loud squeeling noise. Also noticed the vehicle lags on acceleration/take off after idling. This happened at approx 29,500 miles.

- Redford, MI, USA

Jul 152016

Cruze

I've only has the car a little over a year. My check engine light came on last month. I went to have it checked and I was told it was the catalytic converter. I also had a secund opinion fine and was told the same. There is no reason why the catalytic converter should need to be replaced so soon. I gave been checking for recalls and haven't found anything yet.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 052016

Cruze

My car loses acceleration when driving. It almost stops in the middle of the street. I am trying to go but when I put my foot on the gas it doesn't go. I hear something underneath when I try to put my put on the gas.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Aug 222014

Cruze

Fumes from engine compartment, are being drawn into the passenger compartment air ducts. Very noticeable at start up, and while sitting idle. ( stop lights, in traffic, etc this has been happening since the vehicle was purchased new. In August 2014

- West Seneca, NY, USA

Apr 052016

Cruze

I have Chevy cruz deisel 2014 it been to dealer 4 times for sensor the dealer tell me it sensor from exhaust sensor.

- Little Falls, NJ, USA

Mar 112015

Cruze

I currently own a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze ls that I have owned for a year with 59,000 miles. In this vehicle I have been experiencing power loss while accelerating on interstate, transmission disengages and reengages and jerks very hard while trying to accelerate. It will not accelerate more than 45 mph on interstate. It will then operate normally after about 5-10 miles after transmission disengages and reengages. Also has no power or acceleration while A/C is on.

- Serafina, NM, USA

Jul 122014

Cruze

This vehicle has been service 10 times since I purchase it. Every 3 or 4 months I have to bring the vehicle to get it fix. I have contacted GM several times about this issue but no response. I am concern there is a problem and it will get worse.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Apr 162015

Cruze

I tried to put my car in drive, but the engine would rev and I was not able to move forward. The D on the dashboard would just blink. I had to turn the car off and back on to make it stop.

- Pottstown, PA, USA

Dec 132013

Cruze

When driving in a straight line at highway speed, the vehicle will not make small steering corrections. When a slight correction is attempted, a "notch" or "hitch" is felt in the steering with increased resistance in the wheel, upon overcoming the "notch" in the steering, the vehicle overcorrects and must be brought back. While the behavior occurs in a variety of temperatures and climate conditions, it seems only to occur once the vehicle has reached operating temperature and remained there for 30-60 minutes or more. The behavior also does not occur in low-speed driving or routes, such as curves, that require constant steering input, but only when small corrections are needed during straight-line highway driving. While the issue poses only a minor risk on dry, open road, it could cause serious damage or injury in tight traffic or poor road conditions such as snow or ice.

- Burt, IA, USA