2015 Chevrolet Cruze steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Cruze:

2015 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

May 282016

We just purchased this car Saturday 28 may '16, and drove it off the dealer lot at 5:09pm. Within 2 hours, while driving down the freeway at 60-75mph, the steering began to catch & stick in place. We had to jerk the wheel rather forcefully to get it to cut loose & allow us, a human, to once again gain control of the steering of this car. The next day, while driving down the freeway again, the same thing, only this time, the wind gust blew so hard it blew the car into the other lane! thank god, there was no one in that lane at that moment. This is all due to the fact that the car's computerized steering system would not allow the driver to correct the steering when incurring wind pressure! you folks at NHTSA, as well as GM, know this is a problem & yet even NHTSA rep, catherine howden, implied its not dangerous and does not warrant a recall when she stated: "...the symptoms described would be a brief, perceptible change in steering feel that has little to no effect on the drivers ability to safely steer the vehicle." Bs!! you drive one of these cars out on the freeway. Put your precious family in it & then tell me it's safe! this has the familiar stench of bribery written all over it! to top it all off; as soon as the shops opened Tuesday, I took this car into a shop that I know I can trust, to fix the issue. They were straight up & told me "this is an issue with the electronic steering that Chevy makes. It's their computer problem & they have to fix it. We don't have the tools." I took it to the dealer that day & they refused to fix it! why" because, according to the clerk at smith Chevrolet, luke, they drove it 8 miles and it didn't catch for them. What a joke!! it has already been well established that the car has to be driven for at least an hour before this will happen. Where is your conscience" fix this!! it is very dangerous!!!

- Kapolei, HI, USA

May 182016

Steering seems to get stuck in straight line highway driving and when trying to turn to go with curve of the road you feel resistance and then suddenly goes way making you swerve from middle of lane to outside of lane scarring not only you but other drivers as well.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

May 112016

Since owning my new 2015 Cruze I have had several concerns which have not been addressed of fixed by the technicians the list is: While traveling down the road my radio system has blacked out; shut off and restarted itself; it happens every other time I am in the car, sometime it happens several time on a long drive. I have also experience drifting of the car when traveling down the highway; when I correct the drift the steering wheel is stiff and causes an over correction pulling me the other direction. The biggest concern I have experience lately is the loud high pitched noise coming from under the hood; this occurs after I have parked the car and removed the key; one time I could hear the coolant lines gurgling. Very scary not knowing what is going on under there.

- Deer Park, WA, USA

Jan 242016

The contact owned a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving at 40 mph and attempting to turn the vehicle, the steering wheel seized. The contact crashed into a telephone pole. The front end of the vehicle caught fire and the air bags deployed. The fire department extinguished the fire. The origin of the fire was not determined. A fire report was filed. The contact sustained a contusion to the chest. The rear passengers and driver sustained concussions to the head. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Cruze eco steering sticks when driving down highway after a few seconds of no input. Then when you turn it sticks and then jerks a bit when it frees up. This could be a safety issue when roads are icy or if this gets worse. I am currently trying to get information or repair from dealer.

- Richwood, OH, USA

Jun 012015

This complaint is regarding 3 issues since my vehicle purchase mid April of this year. The vehicles mileage at purchase was 7 miles and currently has approx. 6100 miles on odometer. The 3 issues are: #1) regularly while driving my vehicle at approx. 45-50 mph there is a steady humming noise coming from the engine compartment on the drivers side that last about 30-45 seconds. #2) also while driving my vehicle in traffic and coasting without pressing gas or brake going approx. 5-10mph the engine will shutter and cause the car to shake. The engine feels like its going to stall but I always press the gas petal so it continues driving without stalling since I'm always on the freeway when it occurs #3) involves the same or similar driving environment as issue #2. this issue occurs while coasting at various speeds unlike issue #2 where the cause feels like it could be the engine this is more like the transmission slipping into different gears mostly downshifting since the car suddenly jerks back as though you slammed on your brakes for a second and it regularly happens only while car is coasting at various speeds which I'm regularly doing since I drive down the cajon pass sitting in traffic every day, while coasting it happens almost every 90-120 seconds. On 7/21 I contacted my dealership and received a appointment for 7/22 since these issues could cause something very serious to happen to my wife or myself. Though I have not had my car looked at by my dealership yet, I still wanted to make this report to insure that other owners are aware of the issue I'm facing, and this hopefully gets investigated thoroughly (by a third party) before someone gets seriously injured in a accident.

- Hesperia, CA, USA