9.2

2016 Chevrolet Cruze electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 202016

Cruze 4-cyl

As I was driving about 35 on a city street, everything seemed like just any other day. But it was far from it. I started to smell a funny plastic/rubber like smell coming from the front of my car. So immediately pulled over to check what was going on. It is key to note that I also checked my engine temperature, speculating that maybe I forgot to top off the coolant or something, but the temperature was perfect. I stopped the car, popped the hood, and saw what was to my shock just insane... a 3 foot flame that was burning up my whole engine compartment. I did not even try to put the flame out with any means because the flame was located too close to the fuel injectors and I was not confident enough to risk it and try to put out the flame. I called 911 and in several minutes, to my luck, they were there and put the flame out before the car blew up. However, the whole front of the car and some of front interior is basically melted and the car is not useful for anything anymore. This was a spontaneous flame that happened while driving normally at about 35 mph on a 70 degree day. What happened? I do not know... but what I do know is that cars are not supposed to put their drivers and passengers at risk of dying just because a person wants to peacefully drive down to point B from point a. please look into this, whoever will be doing so. This kind of car manufacturing is unacceptable!

- Uniontown, OH, USA

Sep 202016

Cruze

Vehicle proved to be spontaneously combustive thus the car burned up in a fire due to electrical harness catching fire as stated fire fire department fire inspector. No signs showed any imminent danger, the driver of the vehicle barely escaped before car went up in flames. The vehicle was in motion being driven on a city street.

- Uniontown, OH, USA

Sep 142016

Cruze

2016 Cruze the steering locked as I was merging into traffic with my 16 year daughter all electrical system was going off and on. After a couple of minutes steering released and radio system came back on and was able to make it to the local dealership. We purchased this Cruze for my 16 yr daughter as her first car but find it very unsafe. This problem is a safety hazard this problem needs to be fixed before somebody gets seriously injured or killed. Chevy needs to look into this problem and get this fixed. This happened 9/14/16 and car is still at dealership. Service tech can not figure out what is wrong with it. He was not even able to drive it himself.

- Robstown, TX, USA

Sep 082016

Cruze

Rental car from avis has an open recall and they rented the car in atlanta, ga on September 9th.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 162016

Cruze 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving approximately 35 mph, the check power steering warning light illuminated. When attempting to stop the vehicle, the brakes were inoperable. After coasting to the side of the road, black smoke was present coming from the window vents. While attempting to exit the vehicle, the doors would not immediately unlock. The contact was able to exit the vehicle and witnessed flames under the hood of the vehicle. The fire department was called to the scene and extinguished the fire. The vehicle was destroyed. The cause of the fire was not determined. There were no injuries. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 10,000. Updated 10/18/16 the consumer stated a police report was filed. Updated 10/19/16.

- Jeannette, PA, USA

Jun 262016

Cruze

Check engine light came on with my 2016 Chevy Cruze with less than 1300 miles onit. Dealership cant get me in until late next week!!! why is this on already!!

- Mairon, OH, USA

Jun 012016

Cruze

Car stopped and was completely dead in the middle of the highway, hazard lights didn't work. Onstar didn't work, I couldn't roll windows down and could not unlock doors to get out of vehicle. 10 mins later vehicle restarted like nothing had happened. After having it towed back to dealership seeing as car was leased only 14 days prior, they stated this was a known recall and that battery cable wasn't properly secured. I was never made aware of the recall even though GM said they issued it on 5/24/16 and this happened on 6/1/16. Dealership and GM both refused responsibility stating it was a known recall when I asked to return the car that almost killed me and offered absolutely no escape route. Beware there is no way out of the 2016 Chevy Cruze without battery power; doors auto lock and "knob" recedes into door and cannot be manually opened in any way.

- Pendleton, IN, USA

May 012016

Cruze

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze. The contact stated that when driving, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure had occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80. The VIN was not available.

- Camden, NJ, USA