9.5

2016 Chevrolet Cruze engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 202016

Cruze 4-cyl

As I was driving about 35 on a city street, everything seemed like just any other day. But it was far from it. I started to smell a funny plastic/rubber like smell coming from the front of my car. So immediately pulled over to check what was going on. It is key to note that I also checked my engine temperature, speculating that maybe I forgot to top off the coolant or something, but the temperature was perfect. I stopped the car, popped the hood, and saw what was to my shock just insane... a 3 foot flame that was burning up my whole engine compartment. I did not even try to put the flame out with any means because the flame was located too close to the fuel injectors and I was not confident enough to risk it and try to put out the flame. I called 911 and in several minutes, to my luck, they were there and put the flame out before the car blew up. However, the whole front of the car and some of front interior is basically melted and the car is not useful for anything anymore. This was a spontaneous flame that happened while driving normally at about 35 mph on a 70 degree day. What happened? I do not know... but what I do know is that cars are not supposed to put their drivers and passengers at risk of dying just because a person wants to peacefully drive down to point B from point a. please look into this, whoever will be doing so. This kind of car manufacturing is unacceptable!

- Uniontown, OH, USA

Sep 202016

Cruze

Vehicle proved to be spontaneously combustive thus the car burned up in a fire due to electrical harness catching fire as stated fire fire department fire inspector. No signs showed any imminent danger, the driver of the vehicle barely escaped before car went up in flames. The vehicle was in motion being driven on a city street.

- Uniontown, OH, USA

Jun 262016

Cruze

Check engine light came on with my 2016 Chevy Cruze with less than 1300 miles onit. Dealership cant get me in until late next week!!! why is this on already!!

- Mairon, OH, USA