2016 Chevrolet Cruze seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Mar 062016

Cruze

In November of 2015 I was sitting at a stop sign and somebody hit me head on at approximately 45 to 50 mph causing a substantial amount of damage to the front end of my car costing nearly a total of $9,000. The air bags didnt deploy resulting minor injuries. On March 06, 2016 my vehicle was involved in a head on collision with a deer at approximately 65 mph resulting in $8,100 worth of damage to my vehicle. The air bags did not deploy again only this time no injuries were caused. Right after the accident before the car was towed from the scene there was a airbag light on my dashboard that was staying on for a couple days then went away. I contacted GM personally and they told me that there is nothing that they can do for me. Both the dealership where I purchased the car and my insurance company have stated that based on all information given, they believe that the airbags should have deployed and that given that they didn't there is a fault in performance.

- Fenton, MO, USA