1. replace the engine (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Epica engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Epica:

2004 Chevrolet Epica Owner Comments

Aug 272011

Epica LS 2.5L 6 cyl

I started the engine, and it run very roughly. The check engine flash and stay on. I check the codes, it's a random misfire, a cylinder 2 misfire, and cylinder 5 misfire. I drive few kms and after stop, I put gear on reverse and engine stalls. I start again and it stalls in reverse again. Finally I press on the gas to avoid stalling. I check the oil, level is very low. I have the car tested by a good mechanic, he told me that compression was 60 psi instead of 100 psi. It's a frequent problems on Epica with the 2.5L engine. So the piston rings on clynder is damaged and I need a new engine. It's not a good engine. It also burn oil, all the plugs were fouled of oil.

- , Montreal, Quebec, Canada