2.9

2005 Chevrolet Equinox fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox:

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jan 052008

Equinox

I bought my car brand new with 4 miles on it. I have been the only owner. Since I purchased my vehicle I have had to have the fuel pump replaced in 2007 ($1400). My car has been in the shop numerous times for costly repairs. My key comes out of the ignition while driving, and it is hard to start. I have to wiggle the key every other time I try to start my car. I've also had problems with my car starting. When I go to crank it up it sounds likes it tries to start then dies. This happens often. My car is not in the shop due to water leakage. There a large collection of water with my spare tire, and the floor in the back seat is soaked. I was told from the GM service department they see this often in my model vehicle but no recall for it at this time so it's out of my own pocket. Also I have taken my vehicle to the dealer several times for my steering wheel. It makes a loud sound every time the wheel is turned and they cannot seem to fix the problem. I have had to replace my headlights and brake lights very often.

- Virginia Beach , VA, USA