2005 Chevrolet Equinox miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox:

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Nov 092006

Equinox 6-cyl

Lemon/auto failures, too many items to lst 2005 Chevy Equinox lt.

- Dorchester, MA, USA

May 302007

Equinox 6-cyl

I have had numerous problems with my 2005 AWD Chevy Equinox, including the head gaskets blowing, losing acceleration on the 270/highway, ongoing acceleration problems, and other problems which still continue. I have begged for Chevy to help get the car fully repaired and the customer service representatives just keep telling me to bring it into the dealer. I've tried two dealers and returned to the purchasing dealer who will only make repairs if they can pull a code - they report I am having problems with my spark plug wires - first they reattached it, and then replaced one but car still doesn't drive as it did before head gaskets blew. Please, please help me - I've had my car in the shop 8 times in 4 months and the dealer and Chevy will not provide me with an extended warranty - car warranty ends in 6 months or help repair properly. I am scared to drive this car and don't know what to do as they don't take my concerns seriously as the only way they diagnose is by pulling codes.

- Kensington, MD, USA

Nov 042006

Equinox

I am experiencing an extremely strong mildew smell inside my Equinox. It is so strong people comment outside the car. The smell also penetrates clothing so that others notice the smell. People will not ride in my car. I have had it to the dealer twice. Both times the odor improves slightly (they depdorize the HVAC) but still others comment. I am concerned about driving my 3 year old B/C of the smell. We have found no visible wetness or mold. The rubber around two windows was loose but the dealer did not find water inside the door. The smell does not seem to be coming from the vents but mores so just from the car.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Apr 032006

Equinox

Consumer requesting a file repair for 2005 Equinox. The cosumer stated over the past year, she has experienced numerous problems with the vehicle.

- Manchester, NH, USA

Oct 042004

Equinox 6-cyl

2005 Chevrolet Equinox transmission constantly fails to hold vehicle in place when stopped or parked. The vehicle rolled forward when placed in reverse and must be stopped from rolling forward by stepping on the brake or steeping on the gas pedal. The consumer smelled burning rubber in or around the front console, there was extreme heat from the engine, on the front hood and in the engine compartment, heat on the front windshield dashboard and the rear tail gate area. The consumer was told the heat he was feeling was from natural sources. The front side window and door supports interfered with the consumers vision. The doors constantly creak and make loud noises when opened. The back head rests impair the rear window visibility.

- Adrian, GA, USA

Oct 012004

Equinox

2005 Chevrolet Equinox involved in an accident due to a vehicle malfunction. Consumer wants to know if anything can be done that can force GM to inspect this car. Concerned that another accident will occur with more serious results.

- Unknown, DC, USA