2005 Chevrolet Equinox seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox:

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 282014

Equinox 6-cyl

My 2005 Equinox, I have only 80K miles on it, - key will not start ignition normal. Gets stuck and have to shake key forward for about 20+ minutes before it finally turns on. And when the car is on and running at any speed, the key will just come out of ignition. Map lights leak water when it rains. Car smells like mold. Fuel gauge always says empty and I get less than 16 mpg. Got in a car accident Apr 2014, seat belt did not lock when I was rear-ended, my face almost hit the radio (initial reason for my call to GM-Chevy line posted on their website today, looking for an answer as to why my ignition won't work properly and found out about faulty ignitions on my car) GM stated, after giving them my VIN that my car is not included in the recall!!! what's really going on"?!! after being accused of "blaming GM for my car problems", I asked for a supervisor and was hung up on. No joke. She also stated nhtsb was at fault. I'm sure they record all the calls. I ended up just calling the dealership and they scheduled my car for diagnostics for tue, 9/2/14. But they also told me that my vehicle is not included in the recall. Well.....I'll pull my key out to show them how easily the key just comes out at any position, and then when the tech tries to start my car and can't, and is stuck in their garage, will my car be added then GM?? ?!!! I have so many issues I could go on and I see that so many others have reported numerous times and this is what is done to us" now I'm angry and afraid.

- Ham Lake, MN, USA

Feb 132008

Equinox

Problems with car began immediately (transmission, air conditioner, odometer, window motor, car shifting abruptly, and skidding on any wet service.) finally went into 20 ft skid, wheels locked, no response to steering. Car hit pole. Airbags did not deploy, seat belts did not lock. Car totaled.

- Ridgewood, NJ, USA

May 012005

Equinox 6-cyl

2005 Chevrolet Equinox rear ended another vehicle after being hit in the rear while stopped. The air bags did not deploy and the seat belts did not engage. The driver sustained some injuries when he was pushed forward into the steering wheel and dash.

- Bothell, WA, USA