8.7

1. replace transmission (2 reports)
  2. replace gear clutch spring (1 reports)
2005 Chevrolet Equinox transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox:

2005 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 022011

Equinox

I have had this car since February 2011. It has been under repairs for longer then I have had the car. The first couple of weeks it needed new struts. Just over 2 months it started going "haywire" May 14th it went into the shop and got a new transmission modulator...I got it back August 2nd When it continued to go "haywire" drove it to the dealership (45 miles away) and they report that the car will not even drive 30 feet. Transmission has failed and front tire needs to be replaced. I am having them look at electrical too because if I put 3k into this car and it comes out with problems again I will be quite irrate.

- , Rumford, Maine, USA

Sep 012010

Equinox LT 3.4L V6

Well, my fear of my transmission going out happened. Only the 2nd gear starting slipping ON THE INTERSTATE. I was pissed. Things started going wrong at 38k, the day after I bought it, but nothing really serious. Now at 83k, the transmissions 2nd gear went out. 2nd gear clutch sprag was replaced and the torque converter was NOT recalibrated. I had no idea that the torque converter recalibration was an absolute must on this. The whole transmission completely went out 2 weeks later because of it. The first time, it was under warranty. The second time, GM covered the torque converter and the labor on the transmission. I had to pay for a $550 overhaul kit that included 1st and reverse. I was irate since it was the dealerships fault in the first damn place the whole thing went out. It is being traded in tomorrow for a 2011 Kia Sorento SX. It has an unbeatable warranty.

- , Arnett, WV, USA

May 042007

Equinox LS 3.4L V6

Beware of Equinox with AW drive and transmission issues. My transmission failed at about 50,000 miles and had to be replaced.

- , McCormick, SC, USA