- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 14 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 33 days ago
- July 24: GM Recalls Buick, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 38 days ago
- July 21: GM Recalls 308,000 Chevy Impalas in the U.S. and Canada recalls | 41 days ago
Key Won't Turn In Ignition
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 63,531 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)
- replaced ignition lock cylinder (6 reports)
accessories - interior problem