- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 13 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 15 days ago
- July 30: GM Agrees to Settle Hundreds of Ignition Switch Cases news | 20 days ago
Key Won't Turn In Ignition
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 63,531 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)
- replaced ignition lock cylinder (6 reports)
accessories - interior problem