- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 30 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 35 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 36 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 39 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 51 days ago
Key Won't Turn In Ignition
2006 Chevrolet Equinox (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 63,531 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (19 reports)
- replaced ignition lock cylinder (6 reports)
accessories - interior problem